Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle Production Records

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Eagle Production Records

Post by Dreamscape »

I have received the Eagle Production Records from John Vickers. Click on the link below to search for your Serial Number. There are a total of 35 pages in an Adobe Acrobat pdf file. Click on the Bookmark tab on the left to view each page with the beginning and ending serial number on that page.

It starts with the year 1956 and ends with 1989. Maybe this will help some of us until I can get the remaining years and add them to the thread.

There are a few with NO RECORDS. If you have documentation for those we would appreciate the information.

Left click on link to view, right click to save.

http://eaglesinternational.net/document ... umbers.pdf

Thank You Dale for the help! It was quite a process, but we got 'er done! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Eagle Production Records

Post by van »

paul ,just curious as to what you might come up with my numbers are 1EUBN6A16KB070287,all I've ever been able to come up with is Harran Trans in L.I. NY thanks. Van
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Van,

Yes, this was a Harran Transportation bus. Their fleet number was 601. Another interesting item that might interest you is that the frame of that bus was made from Corten Steel instead of regular Carbon Steel.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dan thanks a bunch again,is that a good thing? and why the change in materials as I have no clue as to the differance in the two . Always nice to learn some thing new about our coach :D (all Hail the folks @ SEBM) ;)
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Van,

Corten Steel is used in bridge construction. Eagle was trying to resolve rust issues and Corten supposedly was the answer. I don't believe that it is any better or worse; however, Eagle went back to Carbon Steel. The Corten Steel does show rust quicker than Carbon Steel but supposedly stops rusting at a certain point.

Dan
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thats interesting to say the least cause I have found only minimal rust on the frame and only in areas where the frame sections have come in contact with curbs etc thats great to hear Dan,thanx .You the man!
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

And by the way 601,on the money :D
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Unfortunately, the records stop short of the New Jersey Transits. But I already know what they would tell me anyway. My bus was number 5546.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Don't feel bad (it's a jersey thing :lol: )I'll explain it to ya later 8-)
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Van,

I wish I had the complete list of records, but it's a start. Sorry your Jersey's are out to pasture on this one! :lol:

Hopefully we will have a COMPLETE LIST in time.

Maybe Clifford and Dan could help us out.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/