Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Eagle History by VIN

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Ddwhite164

Eagle History by VIN

Post by Ddwhite164 »

I’m researching a 79 Eagle conversion coach for sale. The VIN is 30137. Can anyone provide any information for this coach?

Thanks,

Dewayne
sunlovers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419288
Bus Model: 1967, SILVER EAGLE, MODEL 01 SE, 4 SPEED MANUEL, VIN # 7080

Re: Eagle History by VIN

Post by sunlovers »

Dewayne,
Here is a little info for you. It is a Model 5 built for Metropolitan transit Auth., built in 8/79, then sometime in its life it was sold to Greyhound lines Inc of Tx.

30137 SE05 Metropolitan Transit Auth. (Houston TX) 1237 8/79 To Greyhound Lines Inc. #? (TX)
Mike & Kathy Mingus
PARADISE
'67 Model 01 SE, 4 speed man.
8V71, Vin # 7080
Bishopville, SC
Ddwhite164

Post by Ddwhite164 »

Awesome. Thank you so much!
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Dewayne, per the info that Mike gave you, there is some pretty good documentation about the original purchaser of an Eagle bus, and sometimes maybe a second owner. However, the bus could have gone through several owners since then. Probably the most important piece of information is who did the original conversion and if subsequent conversions have been done.

Obviously we can not tell that information from the records we have. However, if you post some information about the bus you are looking at, we may be able to add some detail to your research.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Ddwhite164

Post by Ddwhite164 »

I found it on RVT, and communicated with the current owner once.

https://www.rvt.com/-Silver-Eagle-05-19 ... 0-UX395366

I did ask about rust as one would do with any Eagle I guess, and he sent a couple photos of the tubing in the last bay which looks rotted out at each end. It looks like someone would have done a little framework whenever it was switched to the cafe style doors. I think I’ve learned from here that sometimes when you go digging you find more, I just don’t want to get in over my head.

Thanks for the input Jim.

Dewayne
Attachments
Rust
Rust
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Wow, that is a great looking Eagle. The conversion seems well done and the equipment seems to be good quality.

I tried to get a better look at the inverter, but it looks like a Trace (good). If they left the bus house voltage at 12V (normal for an Eagle), I doubt that it is 3200 watts - probably 2400 watts which is the largest Trace made for a 12V system (I think).

The mileage is obviously not correct, since it was in commercial service for a few years.

An 8V71 is a very reliable engine, but without the Turbo, it will be sluggish in the mountains. You can only judge the engine by running it down the road and perhaps looking at a documented rebuild.

Two roof airs is pretty marginal on a 40 foot bus unless it has sprayed foam insulation.

The photo does not tell me much about the rust.

For any Eagle you look at, you should take note of our thread on inspecting Eagle buses: https://eagles-international.net/forums ... c59e484b4f

The price seems OK since it includes the Jeep.

With out question, it is worth looking at.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Ddwhite164

Post by Ddwhite164 »

Thank you sir. I think I will ask a few more questions of the seller after reviewing the link and consider going to take a look at it.

Dewayne
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Looks like a nice conversion. I would like to know where they got full insurance for 250 a year. Insurance is getting harder and harder to get and more expensive.
Wayne
Ddwhite164

Post by Ddwhite164 »

That was going to be one of my follow up questions because my preliminary shopping hasn’t shown that to be the case here in Florida. I have to factor that with the cost of storage/parking. I just moved from the west coast of Florida to the east coast and parking at a storage facility (uncovered) is pretty consistent at $200 a month. I could have gotten covered with access to dump and wash pad plus electric access for $200 where I came from. It appears I might fair better investing in a parking lot lol

Dewayne