Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

"Nina" The Cassingers 88' model 20

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
guitarman
Bus Model: 88' model 20

Re: Dreamchaser 88 Model 20

Post by guitarman »

Was almost 4 not 5 gallons, I edited the previous post. I cant tell for sure where it's coming from its such a mess right now. Im going to clean it all off tomorrow so I can get a good look and try to track it down.
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

I got up early this morning and had coffee with my eagle. I cleaned most of the oil off the the back so I could get in there without getting too messy and here are some pics of it after the worst had dripped off during the night. Sorry the pics are not the best it's kinda hard to get the right angle. Looks like the leak is near the top left of the engine.

you can see in this pic that the oil is coming from just above the highest point in this pic, but you just can't get an eyeball in there to pinpoint it. I guess I will have to start removing parts until I can see the exact spot unless someone here can give me a more specific place to start.

This is taken looking down from the top just left of the throttle assembly. The pic doesnt show but gives an idea of the location. with a flashlight I noticed a puddle directly behind these hoses on top right under the governor/throttle area. I think somewhere here is where the oil is coming from you see in the first and second pic.
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

Here is a hint of what I have planned for the interior wood work (ya I know it's a long time coming). This close up of the corner of a 13' radius border done in figured Brazilian Cherry, the black is African Wenge inlayed in quarter sawn red oak. I thought you might enjoy this Eric (I know you like to cut corners, lol), the radius rows you see were straight 13' boards when I started. This was a foyer and the radius chased a round staircase landing.
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"
jimsimsii
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15 Wide body

Post by jimsimsii »

Before you tear half your motor apart look st the seal behind the upper pulley. Mine had the same looking oil leak and it was the cam seal behind the pulley. My pulley was marked 6v92 cast on it. I would start there. Real easy fix. If there is a spacer you will need a different seal then what is listed. Call WWWilliams for seal. Good luck
Jim Sims
Central Michigan
88 Eagle 15 6v92
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

Thanks Jim, it does seem to be coming from somewhere in that area so you might very well be right.
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"
jimsimsii
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15 Wide body

Post by jimsimsii »

Seal was a National oil seal number 480581
Jim Sims
Central Michigan
88 Eagle 15 6v92
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

Finally got the old bird started up again today with Byron's help (thanks Byron), but we had to start it manually using pliers on the starter bolts. Had lights in the dash, running lights, everything came on when you turn the key on, but the starter button won't work. Byron figured out that this little relay/breaker apparatus was not letting fire through it so we bypassed it with a jumper wire. That let it start with the pliers on the starter, but the button still does not work. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
Attachments
101_3962.JPG
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

It's the one on the top left, with the jumper wire attached. ^^
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Could be that it is the switch has gone bad. Put a multimeter across the switch contacts and check the resistance (ohms). The best way, if the meter has the means to do so, is set it to "buzz" or "sound" and if the switch is OK, it will let you know. If you get a no resistance reading, the switch is the culprit. Make sure you check it in the closed (pushed in) position.
Hope this helps. It is hard to tell someone how to use a multimeter without a show and tell.

Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
guitarman

Post by guitarman »

Thanks Bill. I haven't managed to get that far yet, but I know what you mean with the meter advise. I did take the dash panel off that has the button in it and the wire plugs were so loose they just fell off, that might have been why. First though I have to finish eliminating the hydraulic hoses that went to the ac fan, then new batteries and then I can get back to the multi meter test.

I have taken a few more things off besides the dash panel, started with the doors and just kept going. Looks pretty rough in there. :o :shock:
101_4056.JPG
101_3999.JPG
101_4061.JPG
Then we found this guy....
101_4047.JPG
Gotta figure out the date thing on the camera...
The Cassingers
Ink, MO
88' Model 20 "Nina"