Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Songman's 1989 Model 20

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Songman's 1989 Model 20

Post by Songman »

Just for reference...

Here is the bus that got me into Eagles. These pictures were made when I first went to see it in the dusty lot where it had been stored for a few years. It is a 1981 Model 10. Don and I are going to put a new motor in it and some other things and get it ready to sell as a shell ready to convert.

Some of you may know the story of this bus. It already has a new engine in it but it is a hot rod 8V71T that will knock you down on take-off! Don built it just to show the naysayers what an old Detroit 2-stroke can really do. While it is impressive, it is not what you really need for every day driving so we're going to replace it before we sell the bus.

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Could you tell me more about the engine?sounds interesting :P How much HP/torque,and does it have full after burner?thanks
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

I couldn't tell you. I know it has Don's CCTS parts in it, but those don't actually make HP. They just cause it to run more efficiently. The right combination of turbo, injectors, etc. Efficient plumbing for both the intake and exhaust, ie. larger piping, better filter and housing, etc. It still needs a hydraulic fan setup and air-to-air to be at full potential but it is still conservatively over 600HP.

The story goes that a fellow bus nut was visiting and Don was going to take him for a ride. Don told him to sit down and the guy chose to stand, saying the he was used to riding buses and knew how to balance himself. So when Don nailed the throttle, the guy went rolling all the way to the back of the bus!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

HI,Just finished talking to don about that engine in question,he described the events of that test drive to me .Thats the kind of power I'd like to have in my rig,well we will see what the future has in store right now all I can do is get the engine I have running at it's peak performance .some day a hot rod engine will find a new home in my bus ,until then I will be thankfull for what I have .have a great day.Van
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Well, I guess we can't really call it progress or working on the project but we did start the bus up today and I drove it around the lot!

Ya'll saw the pictures where we had covered it up for the rainy season.

So this was today. She started right up and ran like a top! Really makes me want to get busy!

Don's bus making mine feel bad... :?

So it's not progress but at least my post is off the bottom of the list!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Man, I'd forgotton how naked that Eagle is! Better hurry up and get her covered!

What's the next step?

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Paul, I'm still trying to figure out how I am going to side it. Aluminum or steel... pretty much decided against fiberglass at this point. One big sheet sika'd on each side or several small sheets welded...

Once I get that figured out and get a good source for my siding then I am going to try to put together the 'Eagle Raising". Once I get the sides on, I can put the windows in. Turns out that the Peninsula windows I have are dual pane! After that, then I will mount my generator and Hurricane in the bays and go from there...

It all starts with the siding.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN