Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

Post by MrBreeze »

Manny, After Seeing Your Beautiful Bus Pictures Im Getting Worried I Will Have To Park On The Back Lot All By Myself.. :lol:

Your Bus Is Looking Great !!! See You In A Couple Weeks..

10-4

MrBreeze 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Don't be worried MrBreeze, your Eagle looks just fine. But just in case they are judging (like at a car show) I'm working hard to get the trophy :lol: All kidding aside, looking forward to seeing you and everyone there.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

POST # 52

New Back-Up Camera

Since I redid the dash I wanted to upgrade the back-up camera. It was pretty old. It was suppose to be a black and white camera but the screen was actually showing green not black and white. So after doing some research and almost getting scammed pretty bad by a company that I won't mention who charged my card and never sent out the camera...thankfully, they finally refunded my money and I'll just leave my comments at that, but I ended up with this one I found on Amazon. Later realized they also sell it at Cosco for a bit cheaper (but that never came up in my searches).

So, what should have been a simple job turned into an 8 hour job, mostly because of trying to feed the wire from the back to the front. The old wires and tv cables had been run on the top of the bus...OUTSIDE. I didn't want to do that, so instead I fed it through my A/C ducts. That in itself took a couple hours. While I was at it I removed all those old wires and cables.

This camera system is really nice and has a lot of features to it. You can't really tell from the picture I took posted here but the picture on the monitor is really clear. And since I was already on top of the bus putting this camera on, I replaced the housing and lenses for the marker lights above the camera.

This little box is where the camera and monitor are hooked up to.
I could even hook up a DVD player here to view on the monitor

Last edited by buscrazyinFL on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

POST # 53

Generator Stack

Well, we're planning to go to the Blytheville Rally in Arkansas but needed a stack for our generator in case we need to use it. I started pricing around...Camping World and other places who wanted like $175.00, but I remember hearing of other people making one from PVC pipe so that's what I did!

$45 later...

Materials needed

Pipe before being cut in four foot sections

The Finished Product (I tested it and it works GREAT!)

Last edited by buscrazyinFL on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Manny looks great what did you use to secure it to the Bus?
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Manny,
Not to be a naysayer, but I question the use of PVC. I used auto exhaust pipe. My concern is that after running for a while, my exhaust pipe extension gets pretty darn hot. I would think maybe hot enough to melt PVC. You might do a test run of about an hour or more.
Had to express my opinion. BTW, though I haven't said so with others, your bus is very darn good looking. You have done great work.

Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

I knew that was coming Bill, but I have seen it done by others and I have tested it some. I don't think it will be an issue because we are not big on dry camping but did want to attend this event. I'll probably only need to run it a bit to charge my batteries. Thanks for the warning though. I'll let you know how it goes.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Eagle Andy, I just added a picture to that post that I took today that shows how I hooked it up.
The top of the pipe near the roof line has a hook that hooks on the rain gutter.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
ace
Bus Model: 1992 Prevost H3

Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

Post by ace »

Not saying you did it wrong but a cleaner, safer way would have been to use regular tail pipe for the exhaust/heat and then use the PVC outside of that as the heat shield/insulator!
Many old converters did it that way and it worked like a dream! Personally, I'd be REAL careful using JUST pvc. You will be very surprised at how quick it softens.
Also is that a rubber connector on the actual gen tail pipe under the coach? If so you may re-consider that as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I saw the Camaco Gen-Turi stack at Wal/Mart today for 109 bucks I didn't look real close but it sure looked like plastic are they made from plastic ?

I have a metal stack here that fit the Eagle and Matt would not take it and I don't blame him they are ugly on the side of a nice coach

Clifford