Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1964 Silver Eagle Model 01 #6555

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Re: 1964 Silver Eagle Model 01 #6555

Post by akroyaleagle »

That space could have been anything the previous owner dreamed up. May have been a trash compactor or something. Use it for whatever suits you.

If you have electricity available at your storage, buy a dehumidifier and leave it turned on. It will dry the coach in short order. No more water running down the windows! Everyone that lives or visits the Pacific Northwest should do that.

Sorry to hear of your pets problem. We are all very aware that anything that affects our pets is almost like it was a child.

Good Luck!
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
shaynemartin
FMCA #: F416993
Bus Model: 1964 Tidwell Silver Eagle International
Model 01

Post by shaynemartin »

Hello everyone! Its been a while and thought we would update you all on what's going on. Many many struggles lately. My son has been in the hospital, but will be ok we think. Doc's still can't tell me what's wrong, just that he seems to be getting better---wonderful healthcare we have here. We have been staying in a motel while he has been recovering and its breaking the bank. Apparently "the Man upstairs" has a much different plan for our lives than I had imagined (you can hear him laughing now). After many many people came to look at the bus and not one of them having actual money to buy it, we have had to re-consider our options. "trades are not welcome" LOL We are doing home rehab on the dog and given her progress we are putting off the surgery for a while. We have tracked the leak and are attempting to fix it, but decided to just pull the rear a/c and replace it with a vent for now. Trying to get a full vent assembly with housing isn't as easy as it sounds. Anyway, we have no choice but to go full time starting this week. Finding a place to park it is the problem now. All the campgrounds around here within a 90 mile radius are booked until mid-june. All local and private owned spots can't hold its length. The short-term RV parks are $250/wk and my unemployment doesn't cover it. So, if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. I have to be someplace stable to keep the kids in school. Its too late in the year to homeschool. The accessory tank is still not working, so no wipers....no driving in the rain and all its done here for a month straight is rain.....wow. I am not giving up no matter what, but would like you all to keep us in your prayers. Thanks again to everyone in our Eagle family.
Shayne and Don
P.O. Box 1024
Brookings, Oregon 97415
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I sure hate this for you guys! It brings back memories of when I was laid of in 09, not happy times for sure.

I'm surprised you can't find a place that goes from month to month. We pay just a bit more than that for the monthly rate here in TX.

It will get better, just hard to see it when one is facing such hard decisions.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Shayne and Don, I can't get your situation out of my mind. Each of us has one or two issues going on at any one time, but you folks are trying to set some sort of record :(

If I read your post correctly, you are going to now live in the bus. That is not all bad. At least your have a fall-back.

I really don't understand why you can't get the AC to seal. It is really easy to remove and inspect the seal. They have foam type seal as I recall. You can clean up the surface and use a good foam weather type seal that you can buy at a box store. If it is say 3/8 or thicker, it should seal very well. Be sure to tighten the bolts that hold the unit down evenly and maybe go back a day later as the foam can take a set. Leave the inside unit off and watch for any leaks and trace where they come from.

Think about the fact that leaks can travel between the bows/ribs and the skin. It is possible that the leak is remote from the AC unit.

As far as living, think about talking to all of the local campground and see if they would be interested in trading a space for work by you guys. Same as Workampers. Also think about being an on-sight person for security at various places like storage units or perhaps construction sites. Get creative about somehow combining a job with bus parking accommodations.

Hang in there! We are all pulling for you guys!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
shaynemartin
FMCA #: F416993
Bus Model: 1964 Tidwell Silver Eagle International
Model 01

Post by shaynemartin »

Howdy, Howdy!!!
This is an attempt to keep my sanity....
Since I wrote last, we ended up pulling the rear A/C unit and putting in a vent. It brought alot of light into the back (no more dungeon) and seems to have fixed the leak. We found another leak above the rear window. It appears that the seam where the gutter attaches is leaking. hmmmm we were trying to figure that one out. So, we ripped that wall out since it was soaked.

After much frustration, we decided to put an ad in the paper and see what happened. Many people came and looked. Some ran it and test drove it. Apparently someone had a little too much fun with it. When we went to check on it yesterday, we fired it up and moved it. It wouldn't go into reverse no matter what we did. Then it wouldn't go forward. Maybe we forgot the shift pattern??? Naaaa . We tried again...guess what? smoke started pouring out of the transmission box. Burn't clutch doesn't smell very good. Soooo, someone had alot of fun at our expense and we were stuck. Literally.
I called around town to every tow shop I could find until I found one that had a truck big enough to move her. He came out and pulled her back into the storage space. He was a great guy. First thing he said was "wow, your clutch is gone, huh? I smell that". We laughed because that was what we thought too. He didn't even charge us for the tow. That was a blessing. I didn't want to claim a tow on my insurance.
So we are back to being homeless and jobless and pulling our hair out.

I'm sure I can't sell her since she won't even move. I'm debating whether to just leave her in storage for now until we figure something out or just sell her for the metal value. I really don't wanna scrap her, but replacing the transmission just isn't an option for us right now. If she won't move, we can't live in her either.
Agggghhhh!
Ok, lets all take a vote......Do you think we are the most unlucky people you have ever met?????
LOL

Trying to keep our spirits up and accept this as just another hurdle.

Anyone have any advice???
Shayne and Don
P.O. Box 1024
Brookings, Oregon 97415
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

You let someone test drive it without your being there??
67eaglenewbie
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle Conversion 01 with a 05 front cap

Post by 67eaglenewbie »

thats the first thing that i thought of i sure hope not

john brown

67 01
8v71 DD
thejumpsuitman

Post by thejumpsuitman »

Wow, what a sad story. How have you guys been doing? I hope you got into a good living situation first and foremost.