Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Gertrude

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Gertrude

Post by EAGLE78550 »

As promised here are some pictures of the before and after...

Before

And the after...Gertrude

Here is a interior shot when they were setting up for the photo shoot..

This is what is painted inside the crown above the driver and stairwell

Fox did an extensive makeover to the interior as well as the outside...the original interior was sent back on several pallets, and they had a crew of 50 people re-do the interior and exterior in one week at the expense of over $50,000. The interior is totally hippie ...fake fur ..wild colors ..bead curtains ..avacado green etc. The interior has stains and appears to be very worn ..but it is all fake. All of the electronics were replaced with old 8-track type equipment which most is non functioning. The front end is of course Model 01 as well as the rear end which has the round taillights and Model 01 rear bumper.. the rear of the coach has about 30 bumper stickers which say all sorts of stupid stuff like .."if you can read this Ive lost the trailer"...Rock and Roll ..etc
She runs real good with a rebuilt 6v92 and the ZF auto ..to date she has 723,000 miles with the usual Eagle quirks ...but Dan can attest the suspension is still sitting good with plenty of adjustment left ..LOL!!
As you can see in the pictures Fox added the window on the curb side at the dinette booth and repainted her in Imron Chroma base, but did not clear coat it. Instead they scuffed the entire bus with scotchbrite to make it appear old and faded ...and it worked. The stripes are not painted ..they are tape. Fox also applied the "movie magic " to the siding making it appear weathered and quite distressed as well as the alcoas. My project over the next several months is to take acetone and scrub off all of said magic on the siding and wheels because nothing else takes it off.
She really has a cool vibe to her and you cant help but smile when you check her out ...she really is one of a kind ...and maybe ..just maybe she might show up at one of the rallies in the near future !!
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: Gertrude

Post by Dreamscape »

Very interesting story. Eight Track, boy that was a long time ago! :lol: I have one similar, I loaned out a Mustang convertable to a studio when we lived in SoCal. They used it in a chase scene for a TV series and the front suspension was never the same, so I sold it! You should have seen the twin which they wrecked ;)

Are you going to keep the 01 front look? Have fun getting all the movie magic off! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Outstanding! I love to see how they do the movie magic! Thanks for sharing and we do hope to see it at an upcoming rally... like maybe Quartzsite! :D

Paul asked to right question. Are you going to turn it back or leave it? I bet there are people here who would be interested in the bumpers if you were going to leave it 01 style.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Post by EAGLE78550 »

That is a good question and it has been a topic of debate between Tom and I ...Do you turn it back to 15 look ( at our expense ) and loose the Gertrude mystique?? Is it more valuable as Gertrude or as an Eagle 15 ?? We know what she is worth as a 89 15-45 Entertainer , but what is she worth as Gertrude ?
What entertainers would be interested in leasing Gertrude ? .Will there be a sequal?? ( probably not as the movie was funny ..but not a blockbuster)..Wait till the DVD comes out and then gather up all of the provenance and take her to Barrett Jackson?? ..the debate goes on and on ...Like I said before I have all of the interior and all of the exterior pieces in storage ...if she were to be sold as Gertrude the parts would go with
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.