Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Jason and Stephanie's 1966 Silver Eagle 04

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Jason and Stephanie's 1966 Silver Eagle 04

Post by MrBreeze »

Hows It Going Guys ??? Hope All Is Well And Going Forward.

I Found This Picture of 2 04s That Ive Never Seen Before.

What A COOL Looking Bus

These Have Modified Headlights. :shock:

Take Care

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Post by sstrucinski »

Wow, seems kinda rare for two 04's to be in the same place at the same time.

So, we've gotten most of the wiring out of the way. I'd say we're about 95% done with it. Just a few minor things here and there I think. The fuse boxes and panels have all been installed and wired. Everything is accounted for. The only 2 things that should have worked and didn't (that I know of) is the light in the shower and the fridge. We've taken the fridge out and we're going to find out what it's beef is. The light will probably be an easy fix.

Panels in the hallway (By the way, when working with all that wiring, a lable maker is the best tool you can have.)

Jason also made a new table for the kitchen. As you can see in the pictures, it matches the kitchen cabinets perfectly.

This weekend my dad and a couple of his buddies are coming over the pull the transmission and fix the reverse. Wish us luck cause my dad isn't very optimistic that they'll be able to find replacement parts for such an old transmission. I'm ignorantly optimistic so I think it'll be fine. Either way there will be a celebration trip when it's fixed. I might even be elated enough to encourage Jason to drive the entire trip in reverse. Hopefully all will go well. If not, I have plenty of beer on hand to lighten the mood.

Before Jason decided to make a new table over the weekend we were looking at the dash and brainstorming. Right now it has an unsightly doodoo brown pleather frankenstein thing going on. At the moment I believe the plan is to do wood...we shall see.
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

You guys are making some extreme progress!

I like the fact you just jump right in and tackle a job!

Great Progress!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Thanks Paul, but all the credit goes to Jason. I think that bus is all he thinks about.

We got really lucky and aquired a new fridge this week. It's exactly like the one we had except that it actually works. We got a pretty amazing deal on it too. Yesterday evening Jason tweaked the front to look like the cabinets. I'll get some pictures this weekend.

This weekend Jason has the next 4 days off. I don't. :cry: So unfair. So I'm sure he'll get a lot done. I'm looking forward to working with my Dad tomorrow.

I'll get pictures over the weekend but until then I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

I was going through my pictures on my camera, getting ready for a big wipe to start over fresh and I found a picture of the new(used) fridge we got. I'm not sure if I mentioned it already but the fridge that came with the bus doesn't work and Jason got a really amazing deal on the used one we bought. The used one is 2 or 1 way I think and the old one was 3 way so we're going to try to fix the old one and have a backup.

Also, Jason has started some work on the front driver area of the bus. He's made a cabinet and face for it. No pictures yet but I'll have some soon.

Still waiting on the transmission work to be done. The guys came out last weekend and gave us a good price so we're just waiting on them to show up and pull it out so we can find out how bad it is. Wish us luck! We're hoping it'll be easy to find gears and cogs and stuff, but if not, Jason should be able to make anything we need. Machinists are pretty cool.

That's all for now, enjoy the pollen! :D
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

That's all for now, enjoy the pollen! :D
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwchoo!

(not to be confused with the Jackie Chan movie of the same name)

BCO
Last edited by Dreamscape on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added quote code
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 04 Silver Eagle
1951 GMC PD4103 (sold)

Post by jstrucinski »

OK, so where was I?

Damn, buses sure are alot of work. Well, got all the wiring done a month or so back. Wired all the 12 volt, 110 volt, inverter, converter, remote panels, redundant chargers, etc..., all's well with that (hasn't burnt to the ground yet) finished up the kitchen area, destroyed bathroom, destroyed old dash area, tracked down all the mystery wiring, scrapped old fridge, bought new old fridge that works, built new dash and front cabinets, built new kitchen table, and put travel trailer up for sale on craigslist because clearly this project is going to bankrupt us in the end. Sooo... for the details. Well as i'm sure you all know, when you go to do one project on a bus, it often leads to 100 other projects which have to be done inline with the current one. In tracing mystery wires, i found some that went up through the floor into the bedroom walls. They clearly didn't go to anything that was currently in there, so i tore the paneling off the walls to see where they went. turns out this seems to be a conversion, on a conversion, on yet another conversion. Behind the paneling is woodgrain Formica that matches all the other Formica in the bus, and behind that is 1/2 plywood screwed to the steel frame of the bus with machine screws, apparently a professional conversion at one time. It was complete with electrical outlets which had been paneled over. Same thing in the bathroom, as i tore out on layer, i kept finding more. Judging by the materials used, i'd say the bus was converted professionally in the late 70's to early 80's to a high standard, then again at a later time to a not so high standard. I have found very little surface rust in and around the bathroom, and no major rust anywhere. Destruction in the bedroom and bathroom complete, i realized that was a project for another day and moved back to the front half of the bus. As far as the transmission goes, (as we said before, the reverse gear is bad) We contacted some guys from Roadway who specialize in heavy duty transmissions, they agreed to pull it out and try to rebuild it. Even with several people scouring the underside of the bus, and hours of internet searching, we still have no idea what kind of transmission it is. (6 spd manual) and as of this morning, it's still bolted securely in its place. Hopefully it will be out and on a bench sometime in the near future. So back to the front half of the bus.

Here is the main Salon before:

And after:

The dash area (and look of despair)

And the new semi-finished dash:

the old hallway and limited electrical controls:

and the new hallway with full electric controls:

Hear are the two 52 gallon water tanks, plumbed and ready to go in the bay:

So, we're making a little progress, but still a loooong way to go. Hope to have the plumbing and water filtration all done in a week or so.
Jason D Strucinski
Franklinville, NC
1966 Silver Eagle 04
1951 GMC PD4103 (sold)

If it don't fit, you need a bigger hammer (measure twice, cut once, throw it away, make a drink, and worry about it tomorrow)
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

Just a couple of points of interest from the wife:

1) The oak panel in the hallway was a miracle. We measured, cut and it fit perfectly the first time. I don't know if it was pure luck or Jason's pure skill at reading a tape measure and cutting in the right place(I have never been any good at it myself).

2) I don't have a picture of it(because I didn't notice he did it when I was taking pictures) but Jason made and installed a metal plate to frame the microwave in the kitchen and it looks amazing. It matches the microwave and hardware in the kitchen perfectly. I'll get a picture first chance I get.

I think that's all.
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
sstrucinski

Post by sstrucinski »

OK, I got around to it.

Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

You guys are sure working fast! Shoot, we have only taken 6+ years to get as far as we have!

I like the look and the workmanship really shows!

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the progress!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/