Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1966 eagle 01 value

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Brutus617
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle Model 01

1966 eagle 01 value

Post by Brutus617 »

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for a general ballpark value of my 1966 Eagle model 01. It has a strong 8v92 with an allison 750 transmission. It was converted in the mid 90s to a motor home. It runs and drives fine just needs some TLC. Just a general value is all that I'm unsure of.
Jesse
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Re: 1966 eagle 01 value

Post by Bus & Car »

Most old stuff that doesn't have value as an antique has only scrap value, no matter how nice it looks and runs. Sad but true.

The units that get the best prices are those converted from new by select convertors in the past. Buses that ran up +/- a million miles in line service with their first owners and then went on to a second (third, fourth,...) career are considered undesirable by lenders and by many buyers. Worse yet, there's no Blue Book for this stuff. The price is what the buyer and seller agree on.

Give me your chassis number and I'll see who it first belonged to. 1966 01 numbers started at 6931 and went up to 7121. I only found 8 or 9 that were not delivered new to Trailways or another longer distance operator.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
Brutus617
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle Model 01

Post by Brutus617 »

Scrap value is what I was figuring on lol. Thankyou!
I forget the serial number but I looked it up once and it came outta canada.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

There are some 01s out there that have a good value.

As you probably know the biggest issue with the 01s is the Torsilastics. If yours are good, that would give some value to the bus. Some folks like the 01 because it does not have a dropbox. Of course, at that age, another major issue is rust.

We have pretty good traffic on our Eagle Mall forum. You might want to post an ad (with lots of photos and good description) and test the market. If it is in good to very good condition, you might shoot for maybe $15k and see what happens. It is free to advertise.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Jim H
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F407926
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle 01,8v92TA,HT740, Southwestern Coach Conversion
1989 Eagle Model 15

Post by Jim H »

Jesse, Post a few pictures of your bus for us to have a general idea of its current condition. What is the ride height? Who converted the bus? If a professional conversion, say like, a Southwestern Coach, I feel the coach could be worth a lot more. My well cared for 1966 01 is turn key, ready to go, anywhere motorhome. We love it! Take a look at the project page, how does yours compare?
Jim & Denise
"Casper" Eagle 01 1966
"Eagle 2" Model 15 1989
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

As others have noted, the 01 has a few unique problems.

That said, it is desirable for those that wish to upgrade to a modern engine.

Without seeing your Coach it is difficult to impossible for us to assess it's value.
I will say that the value is established by the seller and the buyer.
Honestly evaluate the value to you and what you are willing to take. That is your sell price.

Most have this notion old Eagles have little value. Tell that to owners of '57 Tbirds or chevys.
If the Coach is in good shape, you have records of maintenance, and the conversion is nice,all that is in your favor.

It only takes one person to fall in love with it and the deal is done!
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD