Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

"Rustless Money Pit" CD website no longer available

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

"Rustless Money Pit" CD website no longer available

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Hey guys how you all doing?

I am still plugging most days on my Eagle, Good grief I am getting tired of it to be truthfull, but I will complete what I need to and start using it ASAP.

What I am writing this Eagle Board about is that I have discontinued paying for my website (http://www.busconverter101.com) so if you go there to purchase a CD I made just contact me on this bb'd to email you and we can do that. The reason for discontinuing the site is that the website doesn't get any more action and I haven't sold a CD in quite some time so no sense wasting any more money. Most everyone knows of me by now and what I have available anyhow.

It's one of those economic things maybe most of us are doing and believe it or not we are eliminiating things we never questioned when things were going good, but man that can make you reel back a little when you take a long range look at all you pay for and get absolutely nothing, (Cable, Phones etc) just to name a few.

I will always keep my site with all the photos of the rallies we go to and those that send me photos to post of their rallys etc. so don't fret about that. It's worth it even though there is not $$ return, I have had over 423,000 hits on that site I believe so far and many still enjoy seeing what we do.

Anyhow, I am hoping everyone is doing fine, if you see my good friend Sonnie give him my best every time you do, I think of him and his Pattie often.

One more thing to moderators, I still have to (sign in) when I want to make a post or reply to one. I use AOL (Worthless I know and hate them also) but I always end up going there as I am too darn lazy to convert all my information to another program. Just thought I would throw that information back in here again. Thanks for all the help if you find any one else with same problem.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: "Rustless Money Pit" CD website no longer available

Post by Songman »

Gary, obviously you can list your CD in the Mall here all you want. Also, if you still have your domain name, I will be glad to create you a little single page site on my server that you can keep your ordering information on. If you have the old site source code, I can even make it look the same. It won't cost me anything to do it on my server so I won't charge you anything. I want to help keep the CD available and keep people fixing up their Eagles. The domain name costs you about $10 per year and that will be the only cost for you to keep it running.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Hello Songman,

Thanks for the offer to list my CD on your bb'd as I would still love to help anyone with my information that does not have it and could use it. To answer your question about the site source code, man I have no idea what this is and am looking through all the correspondence I have with them for this information but lots of the actual posting of the site was done by them for me.

My domain name remains for me with (Daddy.com) and I will maintain that and that is of coarse (busconverter101), what else eh??LOL

I had problems with the site making the paypal feature work and the button to stay in place but it was my lack of knowledge of understanding their techinacal directions that confused me. If I could of welded it there I would of had no problem.

I will put together a smaller informational post and mail it to you to see what you think so I do not take any more of your time etc. I always have copies of my CD even if anything happened to me down the line my wife knows my love for helping anyone I can, especially an owner with an Eagle and will get them a copy of my CD if it is usefull. But hell, I would help anyone I can.

Let me know what you would like for me to do for sure, if you want a small write up to post with a possible photo as introduction I can do that.

Thanks again for the offer and any help you make it possible to keep the CD existance alive.

Gary
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Gary,

When I first looked at your domain today I saw that the site had already been taken down. It would have been easier to grab it while the site was still up. But, luckily there is an internet archive at http://www.archive.org/. They take snapshots of web sites at different times every month and keep an archive of changes in the site for years. I checked your domain name and I can actually get most of the information we need to put a page together for you. The biggest thing I don't have from the archive is pictures. And I will need your info for the PayPal link as well.

You'll also need to make some changes at GoDaddy so your domain name will point to the space I set up for it. I'll let you know exactly what and how you need to do that.

I'm glad you are going to do this. I would hate to see your page go away and people not be able to find the CD.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

That's great that you are going to do that for Gary. I hate to see all that good information lost and not accessable. He has done a fantastic job of documentation.

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Hey Gary. I have grabbed all the old text from the site from the Internet Archive. If you want to make changes to any of the text we can do that easily. For me to be able to put the site up, you need to go into your account at GoDaddy and change your nameservers to NS1.bellweather.net and NS2.bellweather.net. That will tell busconverter101.com to point to the new space we are creating. Thanks.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Wayne, songman
I have changed the nameservers as you asked on (godaddy.com) as you instructed. It should take 24 - 48 hrs. they said to take effect. Be sure to let me know of any problems, I finally have a phone number to call and talk to someone to save on my colon contractions if you know what I mean.

Thanks again , await further instructions from you.

Gary
Songman
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Songman »

Hey Gary,

For some reason the nameserver change on GoDaddy must not have worked. Your domain is still listed at:
DNS2.IHOSTNETWORKS.COM
DNS-HOST4.IHOSTNETWORKS.COM

I've got your domain account set up on my server if you can try to change the namerservers again. Change to:
NS1.bellweather.net
NS2.bellweather.net

Thanks,
Dale
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Dale,
Changes made again???? Who knows why, had to be me. They were done at 12:20AM 3/15/2009 Need 24 hrs. at least to take effect?? Who know??
Gary