Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

What a mess

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: What a mess

Post by Dreamscape »

Gee that brought back some ugly memories!

At least Steve has a sense of humor.....for now at least!

I sure hope it thaws out so it can get cleaned up and the damage to everything taken care of.....Dang it anyway!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Here are some thumbnail shots of the problems Steve is having to deal with. It's beautiful till it starts tearing your stuff up! It definitely could have been a lot worse!

For larger versions of these pictures, see Steve's blog at http://ourbusconversion.blogspot.com/ as Gary posted above.

Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Gee, we are so sorry KY Steve. What a mess, but SO glad you and your wife are ok. My uncle lives in Wellington, and he's been talking to my mom today about what's going on there in KY. Please stay safe.

Darlene (& Manny)
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

The Storms over!

And not a minute to soon I might add. Its not supposed to be above freezing till Sunday. Till then we will hold our breath on the other trees dangling above the bus and house. Like Dale said, it could have been a lot worse. I have come to terms with it all now and when things start to thaw out I will clean up the mess and get back to work on the bus. Its all my fault cause if I had of had the bus done already we would have been sitting in Key west watching all this on the tv. :lol: :lol: Thanks for listening to me today guys.

..........Kentucky Steve ............

On a lighter note, I have wanted to cut that particular tree down for a long time. Mother Nature did it and didn't charge me a dime.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Steve,
Keep your sense of humor buddy, your one of a kind. We still all feel for you and hope things change soon so you can get back to your second love.
Take more photos as things change, call when you can.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Steve, Look at all that firewood :lol: . Now If it was just cut up. Save some for Quarzsite :lol:

Good Luck Wayne
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

And we got plenty of ICE for the Coors too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

Steve we have the same thing here in Louisville. Good luck Steve. I haven't had any trees come down yet but just about all of the limbs are stripped from them. Nothing has hit the Bus or house yet. Have had the generator on the bus running for 24 hours now. I have it hooked to the furnace,frig, freezer and TV. Just hope the one big limb doesn't take the service lines loose from the house.
muddog16
FMCA #: 387911
Bus Model: 1982 Prevost LeMirage

Post by muddog16 »

Wow Steve, sorry to hear this! I'm glad to hear you are both safe and well! We are in the middle of this ice storm in southern ohio, so far my county is the worse hit in Ohio! My power came back on this evening! The last ice storm left us without power for 7 days! I was lucky none of the large trees beside me fell or broke. I cut most of the ones I could without upsetting the neighbors, a couple of summers ago, most of these large trees belong to her! It's a set back for sure but "things" can be replaced! Pat
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Steve have you got an accounting of the total damage thus far to the home and vehicles.are you covered for the damages thru insurance?Hope all is well and the weather more favorable .