Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

What a mess

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

What a mess

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Got up this morning to here Deb say she heard a thump in the middle of the night. I haven't been out yet (afraid to) but from the kitchen window I see a huge tree down over the front of the bus, on top of my s/s, onto the house, and on one of my pickup trucks. :shock: Tree is about 30 inches across the trunk at the base and about 60 feet tall. More to come guys, just typing here to try and calm down. At daylight I will get some pictures and come back into this thread. :(

.......Kentucky Steve ............
Kentucky Steve

Re: What a mess

Post by Kentucky Steve »

As I was getting up from my desk here I heard another crash. Yep, tree number two coming from my neighbor's side of the fence. Just took out the fence and added some more firewood to the pile I already have in the other side of the yard. :D
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

OMG Steve,
Sorry to hear this news also, I can only imagine, no I can't, but know the worry that must be going through your mind this momement waiting for daylight. The only thing I am glad about is that the tree did not injure either of you two guys.
I wish I lived closer to help you get that tree out of harms way. Call your insurance company right away also and take photos before and after you get the tree off. They may be able to send someone there to do all this for you and make sure you do not get hurt doing a job someone does all the time.

Be careful, keep us informed, call the insurance company before doing anything! Hopefully the damage in the daylight will be minimal.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Steve, Glad to hear you and the wife are Ok. Hope damage is minimal. As long as you are Ok ther rest can be fixed.

Be carefull Wayne
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Gary,

Its worst than I originally thought. Tree through the roof of the house, on top of the motor home and through its roof, got the front of the bus and crushed the front cap, and the top of the tree is covering up the pickup truck. Storms only half over. They say, while at the present we are getting ice still, that we still have 2 to 4 inches of snow to lay on top of all this. Its like a war zone around here and the trees are still falling.

Just like Kentucky's weather, the saying around here to newcomers is "if you don't like the weather, just wait an hour or two, cause it will change".

I will call you in a bit Gary.

Steve
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Wayne,

Thanks and that's what Deb and I talked about on the way to taking her to work. I have good insurance on everything and no worries there. We are fine and that's what counts, although Debs' pretty upset about the s/s. Shes love's the "little house I built her". :D

I will get some pics up soon. Its still pouring the freezing rain and the yard is a smooth 2 inch thick skating ring (hard to walk around out there).

Steve
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Wow Steve! That's crazy! I'm glad nothing is damaged other than insured physical property. You guys stay warm and safe and ride it out. We don't want any victims of global warming on this forum! ;)
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Steve that's terrible,let us know if there is any thing that we can do to help,stay warm ,stay safe.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Hey Steve, I feel for ya man! Glad no one was hurt, all the other stuff is material.

I remember those days while living in NC. We had several of those ice storms and they do a lot of damage. Don't miss it one bit.

We had some freezing rain and sleet/snow last night, supposed to get to 55 today so it will be gone for good. Can't stand the cold at all! Sheesh!

Tale care and don't get hurt cleaning up the mess. ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Hey Guys,
I hope Steve does not mind me posting this on his thread for you guys to see that he has posted a few photos of damage after this terrible ice storm that done all this damage to his house, truck, Camper and most importantly his Eagle!! Go here to see photos, click on the photos he has, they enlarge to full screen and you can scroll left and right for close up of the damage. Look at that dam big branch across the nose of his Eagle!! He is not sure of the extent of damage inside or anywhere as yet. He will keep us posted. Go to: http://ourbusconversion.blogspot.com/
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.