Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Trailways Red...

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Re: Trailways Red...

Post by Songman »

4 speed spicer is a manual
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Ok (about the spicer). I've heard that before but I wasn't sure. Our bus was stick at one time, but it is automatic now. Not sure when the change was made. I assume Hercules did it, but I'm really not sure...
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

No, Manny the 4 is a manual transmission that was standard for the 05 Eagle thanks guys I drew a blank on the J I hope Manny get answers soon this starting to get to me too.

Good luck
Clifford
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Don't stress, if it's meant to be it will happen. If nothing else, we've made good friends with you guys through all this, and we are getting to know each other a little better. We have learned so much this time around, and it's been fun. Don't mean to sound like I'm giving up, just don't want it to become a burden to anyone. That Mr. Cunningham my wife spoke with today, sounds promising. Anyway, we're all getting a good education on title policies and procedures, LOL, and my wife has spoken to alot of nice people in KY, NC, and IN (and some loons, too).

By the way, KY Steve, I know you are a big Nascar fan...me too. When you finish that bus and you come down to Daytona, let me know and we'll hook up and park in the infield. We'll make all those proud Prevost owners jealous LOL.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

ATTA BOY ,MANNY! :D
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Guys,

I will help you on the "4". That's in there to do what its doing, to throw you off. No joke ....lol...... The 9th digit is for clarity, that is to make sure it gets entered into the system right.

Not to over write Clifford but this is our anology of the vin which makes us believe the great Commonwealth of Kentucky has destroyed all remains of the original. But we believe it can be decifered from the new vin after talking again.

1st digit is the country in this case .......................usa
2nd and 3rd digits are for the manufacture(hercules).HE
4th through 8th digits are for the body style
and Clifford has them nailed mc40d.........................modified 40 foot coach w/diesel plant
9th digit is for office clarity to get it into the system
correctly............................................................4 could have been anything though
10th digit is for the date as explained above
Also Q,U,and Z are not used in the date codes
11th digit is the kicker. That is the assemble plant code
and since Hyundai, Kia, and Daewoo have the only plants that
use K it is only logical that that means Kentucky.

I am still trying to put the last 6 digits together with the old vin number
We are looking for another Hercules coach fit out to compare its vin with its new number to see the coalation of the two.

Did I loose everybody here..... :lol: :lol:

Kentucky Steve
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Daytona you bet,

This ain't been a bother at all. It has done wonders to get my mind off of the ICE and other (tree) problems we are having around here.

I am looking forward to getting outta here for the winters..... :o

Don't give up yet, I ain't. We will get there in time buddy.

.....Kentucky Steve........................
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thanks KY Steve, and all the rest of you for your help. It makes us feel good that even the new VIN measures up. It really is interesting when you think about it. I'm sure we'll get those last digits figured out, too.

Clifford, would it help you to know the VIN of that other Eagle we were sent an appraisal on? It was sent to us by Mr. Stinnet thinking it may have been on ours, but it wasn't. We do know that that bus was from the Carolina Coach fleet, and the tire size matches ours 12 x 22.5, which I don't think was the standard (please correct me on that if I'm wrong). The vin on that bus was 8735. It would be interesting to find out if that bus was also painted red underneath.

We are kind of puzzeled by the "wrench" that was thrown into the scenario yesterday when Indiana told my wife that the previous paper work came from UT, but let's not go there, at least not yet...
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

Steve we finally got power back Sunday night and now it is snowing again. I don't know what we have done wrong but the man above must really be p***ed at us.

I met a fellow a couple months ago that used to work at Hercules. He remodeled the insides of the coaches. I will try and find him and get a phone number. When ever we get the H park I will give you a call love to see your project.

JCB
Eagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F182862
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle model 10

Post by Eagle »

Manny & Darlene

I believe you may have the coach that was with Tom Stinnett for many years. The one he had had the dark oak cabinetry with brown upholstery. Like I said they sold it many times and repoed it sold it some more. Paul is one super nice fellow but last week they had an RV show here in Louisville an the weather did not cooperate at all ice storm big time power outages.

Now here is another fellow (Marshall Smith) that may be able to give you some more info. He was Stinnett's sales manager in the 80's and 90's until he opened his own RV place Tinker's Toys here in Louisville. 502-933-3882