Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Trailways Red...

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Trailways Red...

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Does anyone out there know if there were any Trailways franchises that would paint the front and rear suspensions of their buses with the Trailways Red Color?
Our Eagle 05 has that underneath. We are attempting to find the history of our bus. We suspect it is a 1970, but it was professionally converted in 1988 and re-titled at that time and given a new 17 digit VIN. All original plates were removed. We also suspect that our bus may have belonged to Carolina Coach out of NC. At this point, we are working on a very difficult puzzle, but any pieces we can fit together is a step in the right direction. We appreciate your input.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Trailways Red...

Post by luvrbus »

Manny, check all your bays at the very top Trailways had a unit number of the bus then if you find the tag we can go from there.I found my tag in the 1st bay on the drivers side on a 1974 model I bought. good luck

Clifford
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Our bus was completely coverted, and even the bays were boxed in with wood and covered with fabric, but the original bay dividers seem to be in place. Can you be alittle more specific as to where I need to look?
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Manny,clifford,what about the numbers on the frame back in the engine compartment r/side engine rail?
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

The plate in the engine compartment (by the bumper) is GONE. The old plate was removed and in its place they welded a new plate with the 17 digit VIN.
(what in the world were they thinking???)
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Maybe it's really a Prevost and they didn't want you to be upset... :lol: :lol:
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Manny, I'm not shure and some else may want to chime in ,but it might have been stamped some where else on the frame ,now I forget(how soon)some one will have this info.good luck
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Buscrazy,

Here in Kentucky, you have to surrender your original title to the DMV in order to get your bus registered as an RV. Its should be easy enough to back track that info down for you with my family connections in the state government. Only thing I am not positive on is whether or not they destroy the original documents. I am guessing that they are destroyed though. We may not be able to get a copy of the original title for this reason. Would just finding out the identity of the number be enough for you? If you give me a call Ill see what I can find out for you. 859-797-9119 Kentucky Steve
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thank you so much for your offer to help. Interesting thing, we have contacted the KY DMV several times, and they say they have NO record of ever issuing a title for our bus, even though we are told that Hercules in KY did the conversion and had it re-titled. We have been able to trace records to NC however, so we are pursuing that right now. We have written them to request a history report and are waiting for the results. We will still most likely give you a call though. We appreciate anything you might be able to find out.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Manny, if you post the engine serial number if it is the oriiginal from Eagle I may be able to trace it for you.The Trailways numbers are on the top where the door hinges on that tubing a tag 1"x 2" hard to see if it has been painted good luck
Clifford