Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Cafe' Doors

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
marin44
FMCA #: 204790
Bus Model: 1965 Silver Eagle model 01 #6796

Cafe' Doors

Post by marin44 »

Hi, I'm new to the group but have had an 01 since 1996. I'm looking for some help with converting a few curb side doors to cafe' style. I had a set of drawings from Dave Galey's website but can't find them anymore. Can anyone help me out with a simple plan.

Thanks, Big Jim
1965 model 01 #6796
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Re: Cafe' Doors

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Jim, I am in the middle of fabricating my doors now. I dont have any plans as I am working it out as I go. If your not in a hurry you can follow along on my blogspot or I have the "Bible" and I will send you the pages you have lost. I am not fabing ours anything like Daves though. I am fabricating something closer to a regular set of doors with a jamb and all so they are pretty intense as far as the fabrication goes. Let me know if you need the pages and I will get them to you.

..........Kentucky Steve ...........
Last edited by Kentucky Steve on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Big Jim , welcome I have cafe doors on my coach if you like I can take some pics of them .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Andy, Id like to see some pics of your doors. I am working out the details on ours now and Im not to far along to change something. I am waiting on some hardware now to proceed with the fabrication. By the way its good to see you here on the best Eagle site on the web.

.............Kentucky Steve ...........
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Don't forget to think about pantograph doors. Some folks think cafe doors are a bit of a problem in tight quarters (like my shop :D )

Sonnie Gray started a thread in the Eagle Tech forum that you guys should take a look at: http://www.eaglesinternational.net/foru ... ?f=5&t=141

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
marin44
FMCA #: 204790
Bus Model: 1965 Silver Eagle model 01 #6796

Post by marin44 »

Pictures would be great, yes please send. Dave Galey did send me the pages from his book with plans that should help ,but a picture is worth a bunch of words

Thanks, Jim
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Jim and Steve , I uploaded pic's of my cafe doors on my project page . Let me know if you need more detail. Hope these help .
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Andy. Kind of lost here. I did not see any pictures of cafe doors on your project page on this website. Are you referring to another project page on a different site? If so, would you give us a link? Also, consider posting them to your project page on this website.

If you have an "off-site" project page, you might consider putting it in your signature file like I do.

Thanks, Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Jim , You have to click on any pic snd it will bring up all the pic's. I don't know how to post them like Paul or Steve . But there there. Honest
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Here you go Andy. What you do is hover over photo, then a drop box shows up, left click on IMG to highlight text, right click and left click on copy, go to your project page and reply, then right click and paste. I hope that is clear as mud buddy! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/