Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Re: New member

Post by Two Feathers »

That is a beautiful coach. I don't see a lot of rivets on the siding. I really like that look. How is the siding attached?
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Not a Hercules. The fluted siding is cut and fitted and rivited on the ends only, then attached with Sika. The smooth siding is 1/8 aluminum, heated and stretched and attached with Sika with the seam at the back of the bus. It was originally smooth as glass but the guy that did it made the classic mistake of not caulking the ribs before spray foaming, with the usual result. Yes it is a 96" front end, another thing I would probably change if doing it over. Might provide a slight aerodynamic advantage though for you purists.
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Post by EAGLE78550 »

So you did the stretch and widening ? Or who did ?
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Infinity Coach. I do not recommend them for anything.
EAGLE78550
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle Model 15-45 Entertainer "Gertrude" from the movie "The Rocker "

Post by EAGLE78550 »

Thats too bad ...it would appear that they did a good job. Did they also do the interior conversion ? ....I guess I must speak for everyone here that we need to see a ton of pictures both inside and out ...it truly is a beautiful Eagle and you should be very proud...I look forward to seeing it up close at one of the rallies !!!
I do the difficult everyday ...the impossible just takes a little longer.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Boomer ,You have a great looking Coach , and thanks for the info. One ? I have a 8v92 in the coach now will I still have to enlarge the engine compartment . and is there and issue with using my allision 740 tranny . thanks Andy
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Boomer »

Hi Andy. It's kind of hard to answer your question about the engine tunnel enlargement. I enlarged mine with an elevated bed frame long before I aquired my current engine/trans package. I still had the 6V92 in it when that work was done, but I enlarged it knowing that down the road I would be putting in a larger engine. I was thinking Series 60 at that time, and they are quite a bit taller than the Cummins. Now, I have all kinds of room. I lift my bed and step right in. A real joy to work on. I don't really know if the rear engine bay structure is the same on an 05 and 10 or not. It's not all that difficult to enlarge your engine bay, I would plan on it, if for no other reason than you will love the accessability.

As for the transmission; 740/50 vs. B500 I would refer you to the discussion under Eagle Tech-Transmission that is on going. The same issues apply as long as you are talking electronic engines. If not, that is, if you are thinking maybe a BC400 or an L10 Cummins, then of course the 740 would work just fine. Plan on a hydraulic modulator cable of course unless you have an air throttle now and can somehow adapt it to the Cummins fuel controls.

One other thing that I might point out. The M11/ISM is an engine that has the intake manifold and turbo on the same side of the engine (RH side-left looking at it from the rear of the bus). The S60 has the intake manifold on the opposite side of the engine from the turbo. What that means is that, with the engine offset to the LH side of the coach (Models 5 and 10), things tend to get kinda crowded on the left side. Besides exhaust routing, you have intake air plumbing coming into that side from the charge air cooler. That is, if your CAC is located on the LH side of the bus; some locate it on the right in place of the A/C condenser, but that creates a separate fan issue.