Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 4/20/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com (This link seems to work for my outlook email, but may not work for other email platforms. If it does not load, copy and paste the link in your platform.)

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Keeping the Battries Charged

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Keeping the Battries Charged

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Fella's Merry Christmas and best wishes to you and your's. I hve a ? for anyone . The Bus is parked. It's colder then a well diggers butt , like -17 . I have been watching my battries and there condition. I have solor panels on the roof and they keep the battries charged , but living up here in Montana and the sun not getting very high am I putting to much stress on the system to keep the battries up ? should I go ahead and plug the old girl in . Thanks for your thoughts 8-)
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Keeping the Battries Charged

Post by van »

Hi Andy,I myself would already have been plugged in if power was readily available :D keeps batts up to snuff ;) But than I'm only a newby :lol: so the elders might want to jump in here and let us know what is best,bye :)
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Hi Andy,

I don't know about putting stress on your charging system, but -17 sure would put some stress on mine! ;) Dang that's cold! :P

I'm sure if the batts are OK you're good to go, but you never know what cold can do to anything. I would plug 'er in and not worry about it.........Then wait for warmer weather.....LOL

I'm sure more experienced "Gentlemen" will chime in!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hi Paul,hows the Guiness holding out,do we need to send over some more? :lol: 8-)
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Van
Thanks again for the Manuel I just got the call , Iam leaving for 15 days back to the oil fields. So I will have a nice surprize when I get back.4 am comes early
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

It's pretty cold here in SW Washington (for us) too. Low teens. I keep mine plugged into shore inside the shop. I dial the inverter AC input down to 12 amps, that won't break the bank. I have the fridge, inverter, one Cadet heater, the water heater, and the chassis battery charger running and the house batteries are staying at 100% just fine.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Van, The Guinness is holding up just fine, Thank You Very Much! :lol: :lol:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year y'all.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/