Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quartzsite 2010

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: Quartzsite 2010

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Eddie-

Good grief. . .the only time I wake up at 6:30 is if I wet the bed. . .heck, we probably won't even be awake when you roll in at 8:30!!!

As far as saving spaces, last year we just rolled-in and found a place to park around some other Eagle folks--there's not much of a space saving area out there. It's sorta like a dart board effect, but nothing's too far to walk, so you won't be too far away.

We'll have the coffee on fairly early and we'll be looking forward to seeing you out that direction!

Give a call when you get close,

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

We will need some firewood for the nightly bond fire. If you have any firewood please bring it.

Thank You Wayne
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

I checked out the area yesterday on the way to Scottsdale. I am going to the Barrett Jackson Auction. Boy, that Rice Ranch is a noisy dusty dirtbowl. Are us Eagles going to gather (the early arrivals) at the end of the pavement on the east end of the frontage road? Nobody is there, and it is not as dusty. Clifford said something about a pregathering down there. Let me know.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I'm still trying to figure out the best route down from I-40, Ca 95 or Az 95 thru havasu, the least amount of hills to pull. Any suggestions appreciated :roll:
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

I think CA 95 is a good option, we drove there in september to I10 and then directly to east and just a few miles ahead you will be on Quartzsite, just a few little hills. As Clifford said, that road was good for us because is a road with very liittle traffic.
Don't miss a double burger at the Flyng J station located between Blythe and Ehrenberg (the big one in the photo in the menu), the best burger in my life.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

I was just pondering the thought when you posted LOL :lol: I have been down the Ca 95 to vidal and east to parker, alot of dips, and blew the engine on the first grade south from 40 so I am a little miffed at that route to say the least. If there are no major grades on the Az side, I might better come down that way, what say ya'll? Any Ideas or reassurances welcome :cry: :lol: :?
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Wayne-

Coincidentally, I happen to have some Cherrywood laying around ready to burn. . .you know, those little mistakes when building cabinets! I'll bring what I can to contribute to the bonfire.

Van-

Once upon a time going to Havasu, we broke down on Rice Road in August--123 degrees at two in the afternoon and 35 miles from anywhere. For the first couple years after that, I lost voluntary controls of my bowels and bladder when I even thought about taking the road! Now, it's just another road. The Arizona 95 isn't too bad, but there are a couple of small hills just north of Parker. From Parker south to Ehrenberg (or Quartzsite) I remember it being pretty flat and a little more scenic (if you like fields of something green growing).

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

I have driven both CA95 and AZ95 several times each, but I prefer the AZ side. CA seems to be a bit more winding. Also less to see as you travel, unless you like sagebrush and more sagebrush.
Just my opinion again.
Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Sunchaser Art »

So. . .is there a staging time and tentative departure for the rally site on Wednesday? I'm figuring we'll roll in around 2-3 p.m., which might be a bit late. If there's no set time, Cindy and I will stroll in when we get there. I'm thinking if a bunch of Eagles roll in about the same time, there might be a bit of waiting for parking--we're good with the outback parking. . .

Happy trails and stay dray--they're calling for rain on Wednesday, which might make that gully an interesting cross for those staying on the freeway side!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Well folks, the bus will not be ready for this rally :( :( .

I took the first drive today and have a couple of major issues: low turbo boost and a problem with the range shift in the AutoShift (details here: http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index ... ic=14591.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). These can be resolved, but not in time for the rally.

We are giving some thought to driving the service truck and staying in one of the two motels in Quartzsite. Even that is in doubt, as we have some pretty major health issues going on in two of our daughter's families. I am not sure Pat wants to be very far from these families - even for a few days.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.