Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Just Back from a Mini Rally

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Just Back from a Mini Rally

Post by Dreamscape »

Becky and I headed out to Franklin TX for a mini bus rally at Dallas and Cat's place last Thrusday morning. Got back home an hour or so ago. We had a great time, ate too much and now for the diet! :lol:

The ole Eagle ran great! Sure did feel good to get out on the road.

I'll try to write more later after I've rested, I'm pooped! :D
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Dreamscape

Re: Just Back from a Mini Rally

Post by Dreamscape »

Here are few pics. There was 3 MCI's, 2 Eagles, 1 GMC and of course Dallas and Cat's. They BBQ'd a lot of great food, brisket, pork butt, hamburgers and hotdogs. One thing I have found out at the few bus rally's we've attended, we sure know how to eat!

One couple didn't bring their 1960 Eagle, tires were rotten. The picked it up in the Nashville area a few weeks ago and didn't feel comfortable driving it. They are in the process of gutting and converting. I've invited them over here, hopefully they'll join in the fun. He was the guy on the BCM board that did not know how to get it into reverse, single rod system. With Clifford and Dan's help he finally got it to slide into gear.

Another couple that did bring their 83 Eagle, Stardust, have only had it a short time. They stayed one night and left to do some fishing Saturday. Hopefully they'll show up here too.

We left last Thursday around 7:30 am, arrived around 2 pm. It would have been a shorter trip but I thought "Lucy" (GPS) was giving me wrong directions so I ignored her. We hit a lot of back roads and small towns, but we made it. The trip home I followed her directions to the T. You know how us guys are, we don't need no stinkin directions! :twisted:

One thing I did learn, we'll have a toad next time! 8-)

Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I see Richards MCI 7 there

good luck
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

luvrbus wrote:I see Richards MCI 7 there

good luck
Yip, He mentioned that you and Sonja might stop by, what happened? It would have been good to see you. He did give me the turbo, now just need to trade it for one that fits the 8v71.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

wal1809
Bus Model: 1984 Silver Eagle Model 10

Post by wal1809 »

Hello Dreamscape, I am happy to report Starsdust has officially lost her name. The heat gun worked very very well. So Statdust is no more. We still need to name the bus though.
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Wayne, The name Dreamscape came to me when I bought the bus. I'm sure you will come up with something that fits. Glad to hear Stardust is history! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

wal1809
Bus Model: 1984 Silver Eagle Model 10

Post by wal1809 »

Yes Sir "Stardust" looked cheesy. I like them slick with not a lot of junk on them. I believe if we ever need to paint her again (meaning I can convince my wife it is needed) I want to do the prep work myself and then have a guy I know shoot the paint. I would like a bergundy with heavy metalic. I can see it now. When it is clean it would be so rich the paint would look wet.
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Thanks Paul For Sharing The Good Times. It Looks Like You All Had A Great Time. Dreamscape Is Looking Awesome !!!

The Eagle (Ex-Stardust) Is A Great Looking Bus !!. I Can Picture Her Without That Name Up Top... Any Pictures Of Her Now ??
Maybe You Could Start A Project Page So We Can All....Enjoy Your NEW Baby.!

I Like Your Idea Of Color With Heavy Metalfake. I Hope It Works Out For You. Just Make Sure Your Painter Understands Spraying Metalic....Its A Magic Touch To Keep All The Flake Even... I Guess With A Large Spray Pot With A Mixing Device Running. You Should Be Good To Go.

I Cant Wait To See More Pictures Of Your Eagle.

Thank You
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500