Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Abilene Eagles Football Champs!

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Abilene Eagles Football Champs!

Post by Dreamscape »

I forgot to post this last week. My wife's Alma mater, Abilene High School, their football team the Eagles, took state last week. They are number 2 in the nation! Not bad for a small town huh. This was their first state title since 1956, which they had 3 in a row. We couldn't attend the game as it was in Austin and we were celebrating their 1969 class reunion at the Abilene Paramount listening to "Johnny Dee and the Rocket 88's". Man what a show, the lead singer was also class of '69. So we had a great night from all sides. They kept us up to date on the score through out the show, but when we heard they won the balcony almost collapsed! 8-) :lol:

The quarterback and running back are cousins, and they were the whole show. The back had over 2,000 yards and 37 TD's for the year.

Score: Abilene Eagles 28, Katy 17......Whooo Hoooo

It's nice having so many Eagles in the family! :lol:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Abilene Eagles Football Champs!

Post by luvrbus »

Good for Abilene when I was playing in Galena Park we went to state 4 years in row and the West Texas boys Permian, Wichita Falls, Midland and Odessa beat us every year those were some big boys out west.
FWIW a 5 A school is a big school in the state of Texas I don't care where it is located

good luck
Clifford