Three part article published in the Oct./Nov./Dec. issues of Bus Conversions magazine
Articles written by Jim Shepherd
Part One of this article appeared in the October, 2009 issue of Bus Conversions Magazine.
Link: BCM Engine Conversion Article Part 1
Part Two appeared in the November 2009 issue of Bus Conversions Magazine.
- Should I modify my two-stroke engine for more power?
- If I do a conversion, should I stay with a two-stroke and use a bigger engine or go to a four-stroke engine?
- If I do a conversion, should I use a mechanical or electronic engine?
Link: BCM Engine Conversion Article Part 2
Part Three of appeared in the December 2009 issue of Bus Conversions Magazine.
- Will a conversion increase my mileage? Is there a
- reasonable payback with increased mileage?
- What are the costs involved in an engine conversion/power upgrade?
- Should I think about doing the conversion myself?
- What systems will have to be fabricated?
Link: BCM Engine Conversion Article Part 3
- Why will I need to change my gearing for a four-stroke conversion?
- What about cooling problems?
- Will I have to do any special structural modifications?
These articles are published with permission of Bus Conversions Magazine
by Jim Shepherd
Published May 2011 issue of Bus Conversions Magazine
In this article we discuss modification to our headlight wiring circuit and explore headlight technology available for our buses that will allow us to drive safely at night.
- Headlight Size/Shape
- Headlight Technology History
- Upgrade your Bus Wiring
- Upgrade Headlight Technology
Emphasis in the article includes using relays to assure full voltage at the headlights. Included is a schematic for the relay wiring.
Note: this article was written in 2011 and does not discuss developing technology (HID and LED)
The article mentions an article on relays that will help the reader understand their function. That article is also posted on this website.
Article Link: Improve Bus Headlights
This article is published with permission from Bus Conversions Magazine.
There are still a few spaces available at the 2014 Rally's.
We are still taking signup forms.
Grand Isle, Nebraska
is Sept 24th thru Sept 28 - here are the: Details
Branson Missouri is Oct 1 thru 7th - here are the: Details
September 24th through September 28th 2014
Rally Fee: $180 plus a small Nebraska state park fee.
Trish and Mel Legg invite you to the Mormon Island Bus Rally of 2014.
The location of the rally this year will be Mormon State Park in Nebraska.
October 1st THRU 7th Branson, Missouri
Rally Fee: $200 for two people and one coach including full hookups and pavilion for the first 35 coaches for seven nights.
Rally Site: Branson Lake Side RV Park
: BYRON AND BETTY PIGG
Wednesday October 3, 2012
Wednesday October 3, 2012 was a big day for Byron and Betty Pigg the hosts of the Eagles International Branson 7 Day Rally. After months of preparing the big day had arrived. Bryon had all of the reserved spaces assigned at the Branson Lakeside RV Park. Betty had worked her magic with the fall display to make people feel more welcome. One by one the big beautiful Eagle Conversions started to roll in and it was not long until everyone had finished their ritual of connecting water, power, TV and sewer. Then they could get down to the serious business of catching up on all the gossip since the last rally. This usually included what had happened with their bus, dogs and grandchildren.