Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 4/20/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com (This link seems to work for my outlook email, but may not work for other email platforms. If it does not load, copy and paste the link in your platform.)

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Florida Eagle Friendly Shops

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.
Panton
Bus Model: '70 model 5
'70 model 7

Florida Eagle Friendly Shops

Post by Panton »

Hello everyone,  I am looking around for Eagle friendly shops in the Florida/South Georgia area.  Maybe some members can share some stories and contacts.  Here is the general type of work I am looking for with my next level of maintenance work.  The big one would be a clean and coating of the undercarriage. This eagle is very clean and rust free having lived in Southern California for most of its life and having an original conversion owner with a high level of attention to detail in the build.  During the ownership of the second person (the only other owner besides Trailways) the large maintenance items and upkeep level was reduced or non-existent. 

I now have all the mechanical systems in very good working order and am confident with that. I resealed the roof when I first bought it. It is time to clean up a few items on the chassis. Replace or re-plumb for ease of greasing a few grease zerks and insure they take grease. There is some minor metal and trim and paint touch as well.  It is also time to focus on systems upgrades now and on to a freshen up of the interior finishes and carpet.

I am capable of doing all this but don't have the time or shop location I can tie up right now to dive in.  I am only interested in having this done if I can find a person/shop of high quality and integrity.  Otherwise these items will have to wait.  I guess the big item is a shop with a lift or custom pit to be able work under the bus efficiently.

I am looking forward to hear your thoughts.  All the best! Thanks for being here!
Panton
Bus Model: '70 model 5
'70 model 7

Re: Florida Eagle Friendly Shops

Post by Panton »

Does anyone know or have information about John Silver @
Central Florida Bus and Auto Sales
2101 E Main St, Lakeland, FL 33801
Phone: (863) 665-8155
https://www.flbusman.com

Thanks for any info you may have on his organization or any others in the south east for that matter.  Thanks!