Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 4/20/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com (This link seems to work for my outlook email, but may not work for other email platforms. If it does not load, copy and paste the link in your platform.)

Update: 4/27/2024: I am getting some SQL error pages as I click on different areas of our forum. Using the back arrow and hitting the link again usually loads the page. I will wait for a day or two before I have GoDaddy look into the problem.

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1968 Silver Eagle Model 5 for sale - $25K

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
SE_6744
Bus Model: Silver Eagle 05, 1968 Bus & Car, Belgium

1968 Silver Eagle Model 5 for sale - $25K

Post by SE_6744 »

$25,000 OBO. Selling because the low ground clearance does not allow driving the bus to the recently purchased homestead in the mountains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgoqJ_98bjw&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siuXrxud7hc

GOOD:
- Newer, from 1980-1981, Detroit 8V92TTA with Jake brake; the engine and 4-speed automatic Allison have 28K miles after an out-of-frame rebuild. Unknown original miles. New engine batteries and alternator.
- Kubota V1505-BG 15 KW diesel generator with 870 hrs, new battery, and alternator.
- Diesel engine pre-heater, also used as a heater for the entire bus, though is not powerful enough
- 2.5 KW inverter, 2x6V wet deep-cycle batteries
- Solar panels yield about 40 W in sunny weather
- Tires are ~15 years old; ~80% thread left, no cracks in the rubber. Good spare.
- ~100 gal - fresh water, ~100 gal. - grey, ~100 gal. black
- 2 roof ACs
- The roof has been raised 6" to allow for roof AC's.
- Washer + Dryer
- LP Gas/AC/DC Dometic refrigerator
- 4-burner stove and oven
- Microwave
- Bus cover, Blue Ox 10,000 tow bar, and Blue Ox Patriot proportional braking system are included.
- Current California registration is good until November 2024.

MIXED:
- The generator uses the Detroit's radiator. That helps to heat up the Detroit in cold weather because Kubota uses multigrade oil and starts easily in cold weather. Such a setup has its downside: the generator automatically shuts off (I think) due to overheating when Detroit runs at full speed for 30-60-90 minutes or so.
- The air lines for the front brakes are disconnected (probably to avoid blocking the front wheels). Originally, the bus did not have a Jake brake, and the overall braking power seems to be better than it was before the conversion due to the Jacobs braking system installed on a newer Detroit.

BAD:
- Broken right windshield. The glass has not disintegrated. It does not prevent me from driving.
- The right drive-axle torsilastic spring probably needs to be replaced; the rear of the bus is 2" skewed to the right side. The adjustment screw is already at its maximum.
- The right rear baggage compartment door has ~3" rip/dent.
- Leaking skylights - probably an easy fix.
- Pealing off wallpaper.
- Difficult access to the engine.
- The generator is loud; I cannot sleep in the bedroom while the generator is running. Sleeping in the living room is OK.
- Non-professional conversion.

The bus is located in West Lafayette, IN.  Please text 765-421-3697 or email (remove spaces) "Den is_Are sh k in -at- ho tmail .co m"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SE_6744
Bus Model: Silver Eagle 05, 1968 Bus & Car, Belgium

Re: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 5 for sale - $25K

Post by SE_6744 »

The engine and transmission have been rebuilt by ACME Truck Parts - LKQ Heavy Truck, California's largest semi truck dismantler.