Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Contact Information: ... Email: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com ... Text: three zero three 478-3501

Update 6/13/2024 For the next few days I will be "offline" while I undergo back surgery. Hopefully all will go well with the website and forum. Details of recent problems and reconstruction plans here: viewtopic.php?p=33804&sid=91e6bc9a093a1 ... 303#p33804

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email@gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Another Generator Question

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
goldgiter
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time

Another Generator Question

Post by goldgiter »

I currently have my generator mounted in the center street side bay and I want to move it to where the over the road ac comp was.
It is a 8 kw Kubota, I was wondering if I could run the exaust thru the bus muffler.

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Another Generator Question

Post by rusty »

WES I would not run the exhaust into the bus muffler. It could cause so back pressure problems for your generator when the bus motor is running. Also be careful where you get the air for cooling the generator. I have trouble keeping my generator cool when the bus is moving. There is a negative pressure under the bus when going down the road. I am adding more fans to my system to try and keep the generator cool on our trip back east in late July.

Wayne
goldgiter
Quit'n Time

Post by goldgiter »

Thanks Rusty, I had thought about the back pressure thing, one reason for the post was to confirm it! ;)
I had no idea I would have a cooling problem there. The reason for me wanting to move it was trying to keep it cool! :roll:

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I am pulling my cooling air from underneath the bus and was having a shutdown problem with my EPS generator,the tech told me install a flap 6 inches in front of the intake and another at the rear.I did and it worked on mine 118* here running 4 roof tops it hasn't shut down since but mine is in a factory quite box.It never would shut down when parked even running the 5 rooftops only when driving it would shut down
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

I can cool my generator when I am stopped no problem. Moving a different story. I pull the air in up above the front tires and that is probably the worst place. I have a small air dam on the outlet side. Also I think part of the problem is I turned the air to many times to keep it quite.

wayne
goldgiter
Quit'n Time

Post by goldgiter »

Mine is in a home made box now and draws air from inside the bays.There was a 1 ft square hole in both rear bay doors and I didn't like the way that looked so I replaced the siding and enlarged the fresh air holes that were for the otr heat to get air into the bays.I have a hole in the floor of the bay that the hot air is ducted thru to the outside.
I have not had any problems with over heating I just wanted to move it to give me more cargo space.

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Wes,
Keep in mind the possible noise & vibration issues when relocating under the "bedroom". Momma might not be happy
when trying to get some shuteye...
I'm thinking one of my winter projects will be installation of a squirrel trap setup to help with getting the air in
& out of the gen compartment while driving. Like Rusty my gen works great while sitting still.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...