Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

John & Tara's 1982 Eagle Model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Re: John & Tara's 1982 Eagle Model 10

Post by busdriver58 »

Great job!

Are you an electrical bus guy? every time I open the elctric panel door I feel some strange fears because I know anything about that.

Did you follow a book to do that or is only your experience?
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Julio,
I cannot claim that wonderful work as my own. Dan McMurphy of Mims, Fl did the rewire job amongst much other work on my Eagle.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

I wanted to update a few things that I did lately. I only forgot to take pictures of some of them. So I'll try to catch those parts up tomorrow. Bought some Filon siding to skin over removed window areas from Kentucky Steve. Thanks Steve! I know it will be some time before I get to do a real paint job so I prepainted the skins with 3 coats of Acrylic Industrial Enamel. It doesn't require a clear coat. Since I had to do all the work except removing the windows by myself I cut the siding down to a manageable size. Will dress up the joints later.
By the way Steve can verify I just got the siding on Thursday. As soon as it got here I cut the siding to fit, sanded, & prepainted that afternoon. Friday was window removal & cut uprights for support. Saturday welded uprights & installed skins. Next weekend will be a couple of room seperator walls & some electrical & plumbing. Gotta get ready for SE Busnut rally at Palmetto Cove on April 22-25.

John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Is that the same air brush you where using to paint that Deer :lol: :lol: :lol:. Looks good keep up the good work Thank You for sharing.

Wayne
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

Lookin good John. Little tip( I drilled a bunch of holes off a ladder. Next day my feet hurt to walk!! I switched to a roll around scaffold. It you don't have one remember, a bus can be an excuse to buy lots of tools. P.S. I think a safari theme inside might be in order!!!

Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

Now how am I gonna get any excercise using mordern tools like scaffolds & such. :D I think one of the best tools I got so far was the hammer screw backer outter tool. $5.97 - Harbor Freight. There's no way I could have made any progress on those molding screws without it.

Hadley horns & new roof airs of course heavily covered with pollen just in time for picture taking
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

Started installing some upper cabinets in the kitchen area. I wonder if Tara really installed those cabinet supports? ;) Who'd a thunk it that the ladder would be almost the perfect heigth to hold the cabinets for installation. Instead of cutting & fitting the wall arch I cut the sides of the cabinets to a 45. Will finish the end piece so it can't be seen. this also allows for a wire chase. The cpvc pipe seen in one of the pics is temporary. Pex will be installed for a final. Cutting the cabinets to fit, assembly, installation all total less than 4 hours. It will be interesting to see how the final look is & the quality after all are installed.

John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

John & Tara-

Looking good. . .you're into the fun part of the project now when you can make it look pretty. Looks like a great job on the Filon siding and getting the cabinets rolling--it's great when a plan comes together.

Keep up the good work and have lotsa fun!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

Looks like you are not gona be tin tentin at Palmetto cove!!! Tara's cabinet work looks great!!! Tell her to keep up the good work :D
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Looking good John I am looking at your door the hole under the window is that for a dead bolt ? If so that is a bad spot on a Eagle to install a dead bolt the door will flex going down the road and will crack been there done that.

good luck and keep up the good work
Clifford