Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

John & Tara's 1982 Eagle Model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Re: John & Tara's 1982 Eagle Model 10

Post by John Mellis »

No Andy it's at the shop trying to figure out the "excess black smoke issue". I would have thought that after 2 months we would have BEEN finished... :roll: :cry:
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
sunlovers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419288
Bus Model: 1967, SILVER EAGLE, MODEL 01 SE, 4 SPEED MANUEL, VIN # 7080

Post by sunlovers »

OK John, whats the deal on the bus???? Have they gotten into the injectors yet????
Mike & Kathy Mingus
PARADISE
'67 Model 01 SE, 4 speed man.
8V71, Vin # 7080
Bishopville, SC
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

The heavy black smoke issue is now fixed or so I was told that it still has some black smoke. After replacing the turbo, repairing the blower?? & cleaning the after cooler they finally pulled the injectors. Guess what? Yep cracked injector. Heavy black smoke no more... Some time next week I will go to pick it up. I'll make a full report in Eagle Chat as to the "Shop Experience". Yeah, that's a play on words...
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Glad to hear the smoke issue is fixed! Now run it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Oilslick
Bus Model: 1987 MCI-9 Sold!
1989 MCI 102A2 Sold!
1982 Eagle Model 10 Sold!
1988 Eagle Model 20 GSA Sold!
1981 Eagle Model 10 Entertainer

Post by Oilslick »

do we have the bus back home? Just curious.
Kevin B. Jones
Busless
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

John & Tara's 1982 Eagle Model 10

Post by John Mellis »

Finally home. Been missin the old gal. Now to get that generator hooked up amongst a host of other things. Thanks a bunch to Eric Brown for allowing me to crash the scene & get some help fixing some things just in time for rally season. More pictures to come...

John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

Replacing the windshields became a major... but all is well.

Moved Batteries to old A/C compressor compartment

AIn't that purdy...

Hint of door being reworked

John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

John, WOW !!! Your Bus Is Really Looking Sweet !!!! I Have Not Seen A Picture In A Long Time. You Have Done A Lot Of Work. I Love The Color Of Your Eagle. Always Thought She Had The LOOK.... :D I Really Like Your Wheels With The Chrome Similators. They Look The Best In My Eyes.

So.... How Did You Repair Your Windshield Frame ?? Grind And Fill ?? I Am Curious Because I Think I Heard Once That There Is A Fiberglass Frame Avalible For The Windshield Frame Repair. ???? Seems Most Of These Old Birds Have Rusted Glass Frames.
A Couple Of Mine Do. Both Were Bought In Florida. My 72 05 Thats Wearing Its Original Trailways Look. (bought in arizona)...Is About Perfect As Far As Rust. (mostly). I Guess There Is Some In The Lower Original Split Doors. etc.etc.

Sorry To Read Of Your Black Smoke (shop) Issues...... A Guy Has To Almost Just Do Everything Hisself. Well At Least Until Bill Releases The Eagle Master// :lol:

10-4
MrBreeze 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Just Went Back And Looked At Your Newest Pictures Again And Noticed You Now Have Alcoas..... WHAT :( Ok, Well Hey Its Your Bus.... Heck, She Is Still Purdy...

Do You Still Have The Chrome Simulators ???? Are They Avaliable ??
I Just Really Like Them. All Mine Have Alcoas. Well Except The Trailways. And Im Not Sure If I Would Change It ???..... Well, Never Know

10-4
MrBreeze
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member

Post by John Mellis »

John,
Thanks for your posting here. From Aug 15 to Jan 15 we are too busy with our business to do any work on the bus. In fact I didn't even have time to take it to a shop about the excess smoke issue. Finally took it on Jan 9th. 2 & 1/2 months to replace turbo, repair blower, clean after cooler, & replace 1 injector. That only allows me a few weeks before the 1st rally at Palmetto Cove to get some things done. Thanks to Eric Brown we were able to properly fix the entry door, & the other things shown in the recent pictures. The windshield support metal was ground to bare metal, primed, bondoed, primed, bondoed, & some finish paint to allow new windshields to be installed. I covered over the marquis sign also then applied some finish paint. In a couple of years we will be ready for a full paint job. So presently I just wanted it presentable. Let me know if you find out something about a "fiberglass mold or whatever you call it" that can be used at the windshield area. When it becomes paint time again I may readdress the issue. Look for some pics soon concerning the new tool storage area & generator compartment...
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC