Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

John & Tara's 1982 Eagle Model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: John & Tara's 1982 Eagle Model 10

Post by Dreamscape »

The only fiberglass fix for the front area is the breastplate. I've never heard of anything else. I bought one from R & M Fiberglass in Turner Oregon 6 years ago and it has held up pretty good. I also had him send some strips that I used to go up the pillars to the cap.

John, One day it will all come together. That is what I keep telling my self anyway! :lol:

Whatever work you do now will just make the list shorter. You did good on the window area. For a short term fix, it looks good to me. 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Generator install

Fuel tank suction line

Special cutter for floor vents

Don't throw everything away when you're stripping the bus down
I used the A/C vent pieces for corners on the generator box & the ceiling skins for
gen box walls, doors, & new tool compartment where old A/C condensor was.

Here we go...

John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

I am doing the same remodel on John, and Bills buses. John's is a 6v-92 mech. engine. It was still in stock form except for the R&M dash. As you see there is not a lot there when everything is removed.

This is the same shot in Bill's page. Shows the pan and removed.Image

If you ever wondered, once the floor is out you can stand in the basement!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

Attachment for dash support. I always grind to remove rust and repaint first. May give the old bird a few more years!!

Shelf will support dash and provide a place to mount defrost vents. A good portion of this shelf will be removed under the dash. It is made from 3/4" prefinished plywood.It is an acrylic finish which will resist moisture.

I prefer to mock-up the entire area before fabrication. The floor and structure will be welded in place. The mock-up gives me the location of supports and mounts.The drivers area will be raised by 3". This will not only give the driver better height, but will allow the seat to go back further. The raised floor will be angled to match the angle of the lower console.

The shifter will be relocated to fit flush in the side console.
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Damn!!!
That looks great and it ain't even real :lol: !!! Eric, can you fix mine that way? You know a short and wide, a little more room between me and the steering wheel would be nice. Can you do it??? Huh??? Huh??? Can ya??? Of course, I'd rather have the real thing and not cardboard :mrgreen: !!!

John,
You're going to make me spend more money :cry: . That front end is looking real good. I was only in for two windshields, steps and a vinyl ceiling install. Now it look like I might get a new cockpit if WWAI UNINCORPORATED can fix me up :roll: !!!
--
Bill
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Looks like we may be looking at the birth of a new bus conversion company. Lookin good Eric.

John I just went thru your project here and she sure is coming along nicely

Hope to see you at a rally soon ........course we gotta keep Eric offa the phone and workin on the busses :D :lol: :lol:

Kentucky Steve
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Very nice work Eric.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Man I'm glad I finally reached a point in my life where I realize that I'm better served to have someone else do what I don't know enough about. Always been a do it yourselfer but with the demands my business has there's just no time available. So I'm very excited with what Eric is sharing here. I can't wait to see the overhead area mockup. I'll just keep mounting deer heads, lifesize bears, turkeys, & animals from Africa & let the excitement continue to build.

Eric,
While you're there I never was able to turn the Driver's seat because of the bulkhead behind. Do you think it necessary to change that structure too? By the way Tara's liking what she sees too! We preeshiate ya
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

We still have a way to go. That cardboard just dosen't hold up in the long run!!LOL Bill I can do the same on your bus, but you will loose the covering on your dash. I would need to recover everything to match. It should speed up soon as Steve comes to pick-up his order. I plan to hold his doors hostage till he helps me!! I can reconfigure the truss behind the driver to give the driver more room The pics below show mine before and after. Yous will be slightly different as I completely changed my step layout. WWAI. This will take a little more time but as I say WWAI!! Mark, hope your project is going well! You have the best guy on the job!!

Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
ericbsc

Post by ericbsc »

John, you are now the decider!!LOL I have made a good mockup of the drivers area. The only way I can give you more room for that stratalounger you call a drivers seat is to rework the bulk head. As you can see in the pics the seat hits the bulk head even with the area raised to step level. What to do?? WWAI!! :shock:

I have it ready for a sample sitting when you come in on Thursday.
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05