Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Bob's 1978 Eagle Conversion

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
bobsbus
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05

Bob's 1978 Eagle Conversion

Post by bobsbus »

Hello all! Just introducing myself to the membership and posting a link to view my Eagle project.
Mine looks like a do-it-yourself, trailer-trash version compared to the work some of you are doing, but we have big plans for her future. The link should take you to a page that shows most of the conversion process in a simple photo essay. Sorry that I don't know the code to create a link within the message.

http://homepage.mac.com/defiantbob/PhotoAlbum30.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It says "For Sale" on the page, but that is no longer true. We have decided to finish her. I just couldn't let it go. She came from the Arizona Border Patrol. We bought her from Bart Grabhorn and drove to our home in Houston, where conversion began. One winter in Minnesota saw further progress. Then 5 years in Nashville, where I have been too busy to continue the process until now. We're installing new dash and pedals at this time.

bob
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Re: Bob's 1978 Eagle Conversion

Post by akroyaleagle »

Bob, sure looks to me like you're on the right track. When you are finished, you will have something to be proud of.

Go here:

http://photobucket.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go Here http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/uu15 ... =ascending" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited by Paul.

and look at mine. Akroyaleagle is the album name. You will probably have to register to access it.

It was originally converted for me by "Ramblin Fever".
I have updated a lot over the years and am nearly finished with the new redo. Will post photos when I am finished.
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Bob,I meet you and your wife when you were on your way home from Oregon with that bus in Laughlin Nev and often wondered if you still had the bus.Our bus was a painted blue then. Glad to have you on board good luck

Clifford
bobsbus
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05

Post by bobsbus »

Paul, I'm impressed with the spiral staircase and other things! Your Eagle looks to have been in better shape than mine when it was converted. I have spent an inordinate amount of time ridding mine of rust and dents. We are excited about starting work on her again though.

Clifford, I absolutely remember meeting you in that parking lot outside of Laughlin. You gave a new Eagle owner some valuable tips, which we really appreciated. The kindness of bus conversion folks are part of the reason we decided to take the project on. Nice to bump into you again. I have some photos of your bus somewhere around here.

I have high hopes that the 4 homes we've remodeled have given me the skills to do the bus right. Then there's the hydrogen fuel experiment... which I won't get into right now.

bob
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Bob, The photo of the spiral staircase is of akroyaleagle, not ours. I just edited his link so all one has to do is click on it. I think I know what you meant but wanted to clear it up just in case.

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
sstrucinski
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle '04

Post by sstrucinski »

What exactly happened to your finger? What power tool caused that? Story?

How much for the bus if you are selling?
Stephanie

1966 Silver Eagle 04
Eagle Fan 1957

Post by Eagle Fan 1957 »

Hi Bob, How is Nashville life to you. I spoke to you a couple of months ago about your bus and how great it looks. Just wondering if you had been over to see Silver Eagle Manufacturing yet, since you live right there. Keep posting your photos as you give alot of common sense ideas on conversions. There is a lightening bolt Model 05 bus about 60 miles away from me that I am trying to wear the seller down to sell the bus alittle less than what they are asking. Glad to have you onboard.

Joe in St Louis