Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1994 Model 15/45 By Wayne Schell

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Re: 1994 Model 15/45 By Wayne Schell

Post by Dreamscape »

Looks great Wayne, Good choices on wiring and connectors. We always figured at least a minimum of 10% for extra spares when building a component, the more the merrier. I can't wait to hear of the next phase of your New Eagle.

Oh, by the way, nice picture posting! ;)

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

That's a real precision work with all that wires. I'm impressed.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Wayne ,there was never any doubt in my military mind that that you could pull it off,what with the tight work space you have up there in the the high altitude and all :lol: .I love wiring,can't wait to build my harness :twisted: ,heads up display,thermal imaging,forward looking radar ,yea buddy ,I got some nifty Idea's I'm gonna toy around with :shock: ;) .
Very good work on the schematic ,looks like your feet were firmly planted in it's design,can't wait to see the cabinetry you have planned for the new girl,Cherry? we go ga ga for cherry :D
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Nice work Wayne , Your work encourage's us all. I look forward to seeing more of your project and learnning from you. 8-)
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
papa2sweet
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f104222
Bus Model: 88 Mod-15 Eagle Cummings N-14

Post by papa2sweet »

hey wayne any chance that you could make me up a a wire harness that would plug into my n-14 wire harnesss and a rear wire panel like the one you made for yourself or would know of anyone who could make me one
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Papa, Sorry I am not the one you want to build your wire harness. First off it took me about 6 months to figure out my 60 seires. I know nothing about your motor. Also I can't find enough time to do my own stuff. I have heard of others that do wire harness but I can not remember who they are. I made up my mind that I was going to do all the work on my 15 so I did not record who these people are. Someone will read this and post who can build you a wire harness. Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Good Luck Wayne
papa2sweet
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f104222
Bus Model: 88 Mod-15 Eagle Cummings N-14

Post by papa2sweet »

thank for responding i will keep on searching you done a remakable job on yours maybe one of the other member will be able to help me and keep up the good work i will be looking at your work and hope to see you quatez site again thank for taking time to answer
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Compressor Post#9 Dash Air ( rear components ), Coach battery tray, Bed lift cylinder.
Air conditioning in this bus has one of the highest priorities. The AC in the 05 is not as good as it can be and that makes the Boss unhappy on hot days. This bus you will be able to hang meat in it. The dash air is made up of mostly Red Dot components. The compressor was on the motor when I bought it. From what I can tell it should run the system just fine. The condenser is # R77R0700 and the evaporator is #R9520-OP with 33,000 btu's of cooling. ( more about the evaporator on a latter post).
Jim Shepard helped me with the pullys that run every thing. I made a 2 1/4 inch shaft that bolts to the crankshaft. The reason for the shaft is so I can use industrial pullys as they are easier to get. The only proplem is the compressor uses an eight groove pully that is an automotive pully. I had a friend turn down a v-belt pully and machine grooves that match the commpressor.
The condenser is mounted in the old condenser bay on the rear curb side of the bus. I am using two 14 inch electric fans to cool the condenser. The air will be drawn in from the side the bus and exhausted thru the rear of the engine compartment. I am a little conserned about the pressure from the engine fan being to great for the fans to work. The CFM from one of the fans is enough to cool the condensor. With two I hope to overcome the pressure and to have redundancy.
The Coach batteries ( three group 31's ) are mounted in the old condensor bay. I did not but them on a slide. The reason for this is on the 05 they are on slides, but the longer they are used the harder they are to roll out. I hope as time goes on my Grandsons don't get mad at me and are around to lift the battries out.
The bed in the 05 with all the insulation and trim pieces got heavy. Six years ago I was able to lift the bed. As time goes on it is getting heavier for some reason ( not because it is getting wet, it is because I am getting older). To fix the problem I installed a three stage hydraulic cylinder to lift the bed. It has it's own hydraulic system that will act as a backup for the leveling system.
compressor
DSC_0068.jpg
belt and pulley
DSC_0069.jpg
Condensor
DSC_0073.jpg
fans
DSC_0071.jpg
battery tray
DSC_0072.jpg
Bed cylinder
DSC_0074.jpg
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Wayne,

I saw your Photobucket pics earlier and was trying to figure out what the cylinder was for , now I know.

I am always amazed at the work you are doing, along with good ideas you are incorporating.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Wayne,

I am a little concerned about the amount of space between your condensor and the fans. Will that space be a sealed compartment? I assume you are drawing air from the side where the old condensor door was and exhausting it out the back. I am not sure that you will get enough air flow across the condensor to keep the head pressure down. Also, will the compartment in front of the condensor be sealed off from the engine so that you will not draw any engine heat through the condensor? What freon will you have in this unit? Remember, R-22 has great cooling capacity but runs much higher head pressures and thus the cooling on the condensor unit will be more critical.

I don't want to appear to be critical of what you are doing, just want it to work to the optimum performance it was designed for. You have absolutely excellent work and craftsmanship and should be commended for it.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.