Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1994 Model 15/45 By Wayne Schell

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
joshua1086
Bus Model: 1986 Eagle Model 10

Re: 1994 Model 15/45 By Wayne Schell

Post by joshua1086 »

Wayne, I cant wait to see another update!
Is the BOSS's chair going to be foldable? How are you moving it forward without it hanging over the stair case?
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Joshua, The bosses chair will be on a swivel. I hope I have enough room to but mine on a swivel so both will turn around. I never did call you back and finish our conversion.

Wayne
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Post 15 Sandblasting. The next few posts will be a little out of order. At this point in the build most of the fabrication of the frame, running gear, and the motor are complete. I took every thing off the frame and sandblasted it and painted it with rust bullet. Rust bullet sticks well to a sandblasted surface. It is not a very good paint to spray and that might be that I am not a very good painter. The over spray makes things rough. Now that might not be all bad. The only place it is bad is where you want to top coat it. At those places I sanded the surface and that should be done anyway. All the places that can be seen I top coated with black you will see that in later posts. All parts were cleaned, some of them sandblasted and painted black.
More bays
More bays
Bays
Bays
entry stair well
entry stair well
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

I will have to redesign the rear axle
I will have to redesign the rear axle
Front clip
Front clip
More Pictures. Jim why when I upload a picture does it place it a the start of the post?
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Wayne.

The software seems to have a mind of its own. That said, you can submit the post and then go back a do an edit. When you open the edit, you will see one or more "attachment" statements. Just move them where you want them. I just moved yours to the end of your post. Pretty simple.

You have been posting some big pictures (over 2 meg). That is great! When the photos are that large, we present them as "thumbnails" and size them to fit the screen (Mary worked that out). Then the reader can hover over your photo and get the full size picture. They can also download the picture if they want - careful what you post :shock: :lol:

You forgot to tell folks about your milestone last week.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

OK Jim. Last friday was a big milestone in the life of the Eagle 15. We started the motor for the first time. Jim was kind enough to come up and help me start my motor. It started out with a couple of relays that I over thought. ( dam 87 and 87a ) but we figured that out. Then it became apparent that a 30 amp fuse is not big enough to pull in the starter. Also a 16 gauge wire hot wiring the fuse is not big enough but it is an easy way to remove the insulation. We turned it over without firing it to get the oil pressure up as the motor has been setting for about 7 years. We then hooked up the ECU and turned it over and within 3 turns it was running. We checked all the systems and a couple did not work but that is minor. I shifted it into gear and that worked. We did not drive it as I still have some air control issues on the air bags on the tag axle. ( they are now fixed ). A big Thank you to Ken Arnold and Jim Shepherd for making that engine start so successful.

Wayne
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

I love it when a plan comes together and there are grins all around :D :D :D :D
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Wow Wayne, The 15 is looking Great, Hope to be able to get together in Jan. We will be in the area the week of the 5th. Hope to see you and Lynn soon.
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

More flooring
More flooring
Bay Flooring and end closures
Bay Flooring and end closures
Post 16 Bay rebuild. Some of the tubing in the bays was showing signs of rust so I cut it all out and replaced it. The tubing did not go back like the stock layout. I made the tunnel a little bigger to make sure all the things that needed to be in it would fit. A lot of the wring and airlines and such are in conduit so it takes a little more room. With all the heater lines, the coolant line, power steering lines, clutch lines, fuel lines, and wires it filled up fast. I rearranged the tubing that runs front to back and added a couple of runs to make it stronger to carry the extra weight. All the tubing was sandblasted and then painted with rust bullet. The flooring did not make through the tear out process so I used new. It was glued and riveted. The end closure pieces were polished and then glued and riveted. After the floor was done we put ½ inch plywood on the other 3 sides. There will be a post about the bay doors.
rusty
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

137.JPG
136.JPG
Bay complete
Bay complete