Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

HossingAround with the 1980 Eagle Conversion

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Re: HossingAround with the 1980 Eagle Conversion

Post by Liberty »

Hello guys,
I have been following your journey on FB and know you have had some heating issues. Hope all is good there.
My only suggestion for tools is a torque multiplier for the lug nuts. I have one like this, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tenive-Heavy ... 3=&veh=sem
Anyone can sit on a 5 gallon bucket and take the lug nuts off. Going back A small torque wrench on a small setting would work I still use my looong cheater pipe to set them. I know the bolts can be pulled in two pieces very easy. I changed sides and forgot the right and left thread issue. Oh well it was only about 50 miles round trip to the parts house. but did find out it works great for pulling in studs.