Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Princess MD

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Blacksmith54
Bus Model: Silver Eagle Model 7 number 2016

Princess MD

Post by Blacksmith54 »

That is what my wife calls our bus she named it after one of our daughters cats (Princess Pees a lot) MD stands for Money Drain most stuff has cost use hundreds if not thousands to deal with. Princess is Model 7 made in 1969 she was converted to couch duty in 1992, 93 and re-titled in 1994. She is powered by an 8V71NA and has what I suspect is a 5 speed Allison in it and has an air electric shift system in it as well when down shift from D to 4 it down shifts down same happens with 3, 2, 1.

The interior is done in all oak Corrian and leather hardwood floors in the kitchen bathroom carpet in the front and bedroom Mid entry door and a drivers door the area where the front door used to be is where they put a 50 amp 240 VAC 1200cc Kubota Genset the genset works great sitting but not under power the wind over powers the blower fan and causes the genset to over heat. The water system is something I hope to figure out some day as it is an interesting marvel of engineering and a prefect example of someone with to much time on there hands when they built it, same goes for the electrical system at the moment the bus works good sitting still it can be plugged into shore power or run on the gen system it has a bank of six battery's under the drivers seat that are deep cycle that is capable of 660 amps for one hour there is a very large inverter in the first bay and it looks like it might be able to run one or more of the three roof airs for some time there are two alternators in the engine bay the normal one driven from gear box off the front of the engine and one driven from the rear of the bearing system to cool the engine.

More as I learn more for now Thank You

Kevin and Mary Knuth
Galveston Texas
Silver Eagle #2016
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Princess MD

Post by beltguy »

Kevin and Mary, welcome to our forum and thank you for telling us a bit about Princess MD. What a fun name especially when you know the background.

It is pretty easy to post pictures (you don't need to resize) and we would love to get a visual impression.

You might want to start a thread on your generator issues and we might be able to help. Again, we need pictures to help us understand. Some of us have no problem generator going down the road while others have problems.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Blacksmith54

Post by Blacksmith54 »

20141025_205727.jpg
I think I need a hosting site and I have not had one in awhile so when I get some time I will set that up.
Blacksmith54

Post by Blacksmith54 »

posts and pictures not working
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Kevin, I have checked our end and can't find a problem.

I would try rebooting your computer and see if that helps.

If you are still having problems, contact me via the link in my signature.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Blacksmith54

Post by Blacksmith54 »

I have tried to contact Beltguy thru the messaging system it won't allow it.

can't get pictures to upload the system just sits there
Blacksmith54

Post by Blacksmith54 »

I have tried to contact Beltguy thru the messaging system it won't allow it.

can't get pictures to upload the system just sits there
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Kevin, per my signature, I don't care for the PM process, but do list my email address. I was not aware that I had turned off my pm contact.

I can't imagine why you are having a problem with the pictures. I have a very large size limit (to avoid the poster having to resize) and have most normal formats approved (jpg, png, etc). It is possible you have a very large photo or a format that is not setup).

Email me the picture, and I will test your account and upload the picture.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Blacksmith54

Post by Blacksmith54 »

This picture was taken a few days after we bought our bus
20160922_095154_001.jpg
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Hi Kevin

So glad you got the hang of posting pictures. Now we need to see some more :D

Neat looking bus.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO