Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Wes and Debbys' 85 Eagle

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
goldgiter
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time

Re: Wes and Debbys' 85 Eagle

Post by goldgiter »

I have finished sanding all of the interior and have replaced the painted door casings with stain grade casings.
I tried a colonial stain on some of the cabinet doors and was not happy with the results so I am going to finish all the cabinets and trim natural and paint the walls and ceilings.
I hate painting but with all the prep work done I am on the down hill side.
I will try to post some pics as I make progress.

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
goldgiter
Quit'n Time

Post by goldgiter »

I am just about done with the interior and will post some pics in a couple of days.
I have been racking my brain trying to come up with a name for the bus!Debby and I had a little redneck bar and grill a few years ago that we called Quit'n Time and we have decided that would also be an appropriate name for the bus so that is what it will be called!
I talked to John Mellis a couple of days ago and he has convinced me we should go to the gathering at Palmetto Cove so we will be working toward getting there.
I am done rambling.

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Hey Wes maybe we could get together with the Parrot Heads (Mike & Kathy Mingus) & caravan. Do you have a toad vehicle? I did the Lowes thing last night picking up plywood for the bedroom floor. My list is long but we're gonna get it done... Or at least enough to get to the rally.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
goldgiter
Quit'n Time

Post by goldgiter »

That sounds like a plan John.
I have a 96 Tacoma that I plan to tow. I had a 92 Tacoma that I towed all over the place but sold it last year. I have to make a set of brackets to hook the tow bar to the 96 but that won't take long.

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
sunlovers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419288
Bus Model: 1967, SILVER EAGLE, MODEL 01 SE, 4 SPEED MANUEL, VIN # 7080

Post by sunlovers »

John & Wes,
That sounds like a great idea. Wes could get up with us at Bishopville and we could meet up with you at the rest stop above Columbia near Newberry. Three birds running together, what a sight(gives me chills just thinking about it).
By the way I did get the clutch fixed but didn't tear the floor out to get to the air assist valve. I found that the bushings that hold the clutch rods in the tunnel were all gummed up. Used a hole can of PB BLASTER on the bushings with Kathy pumping the clutch pedal so I could get it worked in and clean the shafts. I'll check again in a couple of days to see if that did the trick(got the pedal back to the top while spraying).
Mike & Kathy Mingus
PARADISE
'67 Model 01 SE, 4 speed man.
8V71, Vin # 7080
Bishopville, SC