Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Julio & Julieta 1969 05

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Re: Julio & Julieta 1969 05

Post by Boomer »

A friend of mine in Yuma replaced his park model with a double wide. He sold the park model to a Mexican who picked it up at dusk and took off for San Felipe, no lights, plates, permit or nothing. Don't know what if anything he paid at the border. Must have been interesting if he met any trucks going south to SF.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Julio,sorry to hear about your troubles,the best thing you can do is park it until a solution can be reached.Clifford has made a gracious offer that you should consider ,given the obstacle that you have to contend with.I am positive there is a solution to this problem,and will require some time to achieve it,Heck Eagles are lining up all the way from interstate 40 waiting to get in to the Eagle salon at Cliffords place lol :lol: keep the faith and good luck 8-)
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

luvrbus wrote:Julio, remove the flap and throw it away Eagles do not like flaps anywhere been there done that, your tempature will drop 5 to 10 degrees on the transmission and engine with out the flap.
Sure, I will do this is the 2nd comment about this.

Thanks
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
busdriver58

Post by busdriver58 »

Boomer wrote:Hell, you should come to Oregon then. They give illegals drivers licenses all the time. Addresses too. That would not fix the driving in Mexico part though. Sure a shame if you have to give up your Eagle. There must be a way.
I don't like to be another illegal doing wrong things in your Country but could be an option.
Thanks
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
busdriver58

Post by busdriver58 »

luvrbus wrote:I don't what the problem is down there a few years back Dr.Walker and myself brought back 2 of the Mexitur model 15's from Aguascalienes with Mexican plates.
Greyhound and Ameraconio Bus Lines ran the model 15 45 footers for years down there and when Wayne in Mo bought those they all had Mexican plates.
Best I can tell you Julio is do what what us Americans do there pass out the 100 dollar bills it works wonders.
good luck
Clifford
The problem is only with the US Eagles, I know that there are some "mexican" 45 footers but are very expensive, I found one 1991 in Mexico City that was used only for 8 years, has no motor and the owner wants some like 22,500 dollars, I think that he is crazy.

About the 100 dollar bills I know that can work here, our customs are very corrupt people but this couldn't solve the problem to register the bus and get the plates because I need the importation papers to do it.
Last edited by busdriver58 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
busdriver58

Post by busdriver58 »

Sunchaser Art wrote:Julio-

Would it make any difference on the import tariff if the coach, or some portion of the conversion, was manufactured (or likely manufactured) in Mexico?
I don't think so.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
busdriver58

Post by busdriver58 »

luvrbus wrote:Julio, you are more than welcome to park your bus at my place in AZ till you decide what to do if nothing else park it here and we will get you Az plates 35.00 dollars a year and come here and use it,If a American sells a bus over there does the same laws apply I know some guys have sold cars to people over there and drove them across the border to the new owners.This will settle down in a few months the Mexican Gov got pissed a few months back and imposed the new taxes, do not give up just wait them out.

Clifford
Thanks and be sure that I will consider it as an option, I don't really want to sell the bus if I can't get a better propossal from the Mexican customs. The problem in Mexico are that the laws are very subjective and very imprecise. It's the same if I purchase a car in the US and import it to Mexico, if the year model is different than 1999 I have to pay the 50% tariff plus the 15% sales tax, it doesn't matter what kind of vehicle is.

How can I get AZ plates?, are you sure that I can do? in TX it's impossible because I don't have a TX driver license.

Maybe I have to wait to some changes in the law but i don't think that will occur.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
busdriver58

Post by busdriver58 »

van wrote:Julio,sorry to hear about your troubles,the best thing you can do is park it until a solution can be reached.Clifford has made a gracious offer that you should consider ,given the obstacle that you have to contend with.I am positive there is a solution to this problem,and will require some time to achieve it,Heck Eagles are lining up all the way from interstate 40 waiting to get in to the Eagle salon at Cliffords place lol :lol: keep the faith and good luck 8-)
Maybe all of you are right, I have to wait for a better time and the bus must be waiting somewhere in the US.

Why the I40?
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
skipn

Post by skipn »

Julio,

So sale it to Patron Paul and lease it back for lic. costs.
Of coarse insurance and such would be your reponsibility
to keep your patron safe. From there on it is just
a perk driving and enjoying patrons' bus :)

Skip
89eagle15
FMCA #: F396415
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle 15

Post by 89eagle15 »

Julio,
There has not been any posting on this thread for a month. I do not know the status or outcome of your situation. Based on the assumption that you still have not imported the bus that you purchased to Mexico, I am reviving the thread.
Below is information from http://www.apec.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"•NAFTA allows Mexico to continue to restrict imports of used vehicles until January 1, 2009, when a 10-year phase out based on vehicle age will commence.
• However, the Mexican government permits limited imports of used vehicles from the United States into its "border zones" (northern border of Mexico, free zones of the state of Baja, partial zones of Sonora and the state of Baja California del Sur, and the border city of Cananea). Used vehicles from 4 to 15 model years older than the current model year (in Mexico, Nov 1-Oct 31) are eligible.
• In addition, a decree published by the Mexican government in its Diario Oficial de la Federacion on March 13, 2000 provides that beginning April 1, 2000, pickup trucks that were built in the United States or in Canada and that are at least 10 years old, may be imported for a fee of $200 plus applicable customs duties (zero as of January 1, 2003).
• Mexican residents must apply directly to the Mexican government's Commerce Department and Customs Office to obtain the necessary license for this wavier, as well as for imports that enter under the border zone provision. "
Now you probably know some of this and I suspect that the 'pahse out' statring in 2009 is for new US manufactured vehicles. It also states that the Mexican Government allows for some used vehicles 4 to 15 years older than the current year model. Your bus is certainly older than 15 years. I do see convoys of vehicles that have been purchased at auction here in the US headed to Mexico and they certainally have cars that are older than 15 model years old. I don't know if it would work to talk to these folks to find out if they are taking them through the 'free' zones into Mexico.
I am all for trying to do things legally by finding loopholes.
Thought...when was your bus converted? If the conversion, engine upgrade etc was done in the last 15 years that might be the basis for 'up dating' the year of manufacture of the bus. I know that I bought a 1956 model bus that the title had been changed to reflect the conversion that was done in 1990. I do not know how this was done as the person that I purchased the bus from purchased it this way from the conversion folks in Nashville.
I've also seen (read) that the State of California will legally issue a vehicle license to a non resident a current loophole in their system.
Let me know the status of your situation.

Larry