Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Harvesters Eagle

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Re: Harvesters Eagle

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Jim, sure hope you got your Eagle friends on this board a nice souvenier from the Bus Museum :lol: I'd love to go there sometime. Bet that was something to see. Hope you had a great time! Keep posting these pictures Jim. We love seeing them!

That sure is a beautiful Eagle Ernest Tubbs had, Songman. Did you notice how they had to remove some of the ceiling tiles so it would fit?
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Manny, I lived in Nashville for years when I was playing music. That bus used to sit out unloved in the parking lot beside the building. When they built the new building they left that part of the roof open, put the bus in there, then finished the building around it. Of course, that was after it was all repainted and dolled up. The inside is just as it was when Ernest was using it.

Ernest's son is a friend of mine. He is the road manager and also bus driver for Charlie Daniels. He owns his dad's last bus which is also an Eagle. Not sure of the model but it is black and has an 8V71 with a 4-speed. When I used to ride it, it was being leased by Marty Stuart. Of course, the bus is named 'ET'.

This ET is easy to find it you are around Nashville. Briley Parkway runs between I-24 on the south side of Nashville and I-40 on the east side of Nashville. The Opryland Hotel is at an exit called Music Valley Drive. Hop off there and you'll see the big hotel on your left. Turn right on Music Valley Drive across from the hotel entrance and then turn in to the shopping center on the left and look for the Ernest Tubb Record Shop. Well worth the extra drive to see it. It's only a few miles off of I-40. Of course, you need to go see the Opryland Hotel since you are that close too.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Harvester
Bus Model: 1990 Eagle Model 15

Post by Harvester »

I was a little surprised when I saw the Golden Eagle at the museum. I went behind the ropes and looked at the engine and under carriage.It was just like it came off the road.........oil ,dirt and grime abundant. The guy with the museum said they drained the oil after it was in the building because it had many leaks.It was driven inside. The paint job was not as good as the picture shows it to be, there were a lot of rust bubbles. The uniforms of the driver and hostess were original ,they were donated by a former employee.
Harvester
1990 Eagle -Model 15
Connelly Springs, NC
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Our mural Image
Last edited by Harvester on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvester
1990 Eagle -Model 15
Connelly Springs, NC
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Clean engineImage
Harvester
1990 Eagle -Model 15
Connelly Springs, NC
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

whew! that's a clean engine :o :o
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Thanks busdriver58 ,
I clean the engine everytime I wash the bus. There is a lot of road dirt that collects
in an engine compartment. I feel fortunate that we do not have any oil leaks .
I am thinking that I may need to install some mud flaps.
What do you guys think ? Does it help with dust and dirt in engine area?
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I've been told that Eagles don't like flaps. Maybe Clifford will comment. Something about it making them heat up.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Clifford or someone said that the temperature can change downside something like 5 degrees without the mudflap, maybe he can explain why.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

I have never had a heat problem. When we installed a new engine in 07,
Detroit did a flow test on the radiator. It checked v-good. The radiator was only two years old at that time.
I have run 64 from Ashville to Louisville in Aug. in the daytime w/o any problems.
But I don't want to create any either.