Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Gary LaBombard's "Rustless Money Pit"

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Gary LaBombard's "Rustless Money Pit"

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Hello Guys,

Well to take advantage of a day still to cold to work on my Eagle I have posted several updates I made on my Eagle since the end of my CD I made. This is information is not pretty photos to view, it is only useful to those wishing to inspect their Eagle they wish to purchase, or if you have repairs needed because of age or your bus that may help you.

The procedures I did in making my conversion repairs does not mean this is the way the repairs have to be made. Infact, you may look at my information and come up with thouroughly a better idea & I hope you do. This is only the way I repaired my bus and you all know I usually go over the top of necessity in fabricating, similar to Kentucky Steve.

I am enclosing the direct address for the first update on my (Webshots) website so you do not lose a lot of patience locating my newest post. You will be able to recognize the updates, there will be the word (NEW) next to each folder I just posted during the day today. Man I am glad to be done.

I tried to put about 30 photos (+ or -) a few so you will not be overwhelmed in keeping track where you left off from boredom. Remember this is only information to help those needing it and not a pretty site to view. No matter what the condition of an Eagle, The integrity of it can certainly be re-installed in it if you have the knowledge and time to do it. This information is not intended to discourage anyone, but instead meant to encourage those loving Eagles what may be involved if overlooked such as I did 6 years ago, next month.

Here is the location of the first photos album of updates, they start at (#16 and go to #22). I hope it will be useful in your decisions.

The CD I made has so much more information for inspection, places to get materials, tools needed and lots of safety information to consider on a project of this magnitude. Pass this information or site on to those interested in doing this hobby, knowledge is power.

go to:
http://community.webshots.com/user/conv ... ?start=126

I just checked the address I originally posted and had to change it to the one above to the very begining of my section of albums for the Eagle Repairs to see all the files I posted. Go to this address above, this will be page (#4) of my albums to see the section for bus repairs, Scroll way down to the bottom of the page. Then when you want to see File #16 to start the present posted photos go to page #5 and from there you can continue to page #6 to see all the information. I hope I did not confuse you. Remember to watch for files labeled with red flag on them saying (NEW).

I posted this in the Tech section of our bb'd as I believe this is where it should be going. Moderators relocate where you wish so it can do the most help.

Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Gary LaBombard's "Rustless Money Pit"

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Well guys I have been sitting here all day trying to be a good boy and not start anymore trouble of ANY kind. This is what I come up with. This will not be posted to the other bb'd as there is too much negativity about Eagles and Rust as you know and I don't do well with negative comments as you know.

I went a little while ago to look at my poor Eagle, I haven't been able to do one thing on her since January. I took photos of where I left off on the front end of our bus which was so rotted out when I removed the skins as you will see in my photos below.

I have redesigned my front end not just because of the Rust etc. but also because of the accident that took the legs of our friend Dan McMurphy. I did not see his bus after the accident but I did see my front end after removing my skins on her and believe since his bus is of the same age vintage we had twins!! You know what I mean. Look at the photos of before and I will try to label them underneath as they are posted.

Dale, If the photos are too big, can I impose on you to change anything necessary to not override your softwear on this post etc. Thanks.

Last edited by Gary LaBombard on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Hello Again,
I am making another short post as my computer froze up before I posted the above information and you know that tightened up my anus so I decided to hurry and post it before it all went bye bye.

Anyhow I wanted to say this is where I now stand, I have much to do to complete the framing for lights and original Eagle bumper corners, windshield wipers but everything else will be my design after. My plan is to make a front end that is easily removable in sections, particularly on the driver side where I can add electrical dash stuff if ever needed. Do maintenance on my steering system, brakes etc. I plan to have open access after removing a panel, wish me luck making the front end presentable, it won't be shinny like Pats and others of you guys but very, very easy to work on for my Grand Children in the future.

I was thinking of adding Air Assist for my manual steering and have been told by a great friend in Kentucky that he thinks he can get me a power steering set up from a friend up there so my fingers are crossed. While my front end is in this condition, I have full, open access to do anything I wish without too much interference so I will not get impatient. Well, maybe a little. Can't wait to do something on her soon, I hope.

If you look close at all joining joints of my tubing, they have all bee beefed up to double with 1/4 inch angle iron to give a full impact protection in case of an accident to me or anyone driving this ole girl. Thanks to Dan's information on his accident I choose to do this no matter what overkill the naysayers have to critize about.

As I get her going again I will post updates, who knows when that will be but again, if you do not know what is under that original front end skin, I think you would be supprised as I was.

Gary
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Well as you all can see, someone, somehow deleted my Eagle Framing photos I posted on this (project Section) of Eag. Int. Yep, I'm pissed, no idea why, who, where, dumb butt wipes. :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Gary, copy and paste your PB main page here. Your photos have been moved or deleted somehow. Let me look at your code. I tried to find it, no luck.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Paul,
I hope this is the information you needed, I had no idea what specifically you wanted but here is what I got.

http://s629.photobucket.com/home/busconverter101/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for all your help, but now you see what I was talking about. Let me now how this happened if you find the culprit, I want the address where he parks his vehicle!!
Gary
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

That takes me to the Login screen. Go ahead and log in and then send me that link.
Or click here then add me as a follower.

http://s363.photobucket.com/albums/oo78 ... ape_Eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Gary, I don't know if it has anything to do with it but the pictures that are not showing are named A.jpg, B.jpg, etc. The ones that are showing are DSC1234.jpg, etc. Is it possible that your photos got renamed on Photobucket? You know that no one here deleted your photos and I can't imagine that Photobucket did either. It is either something changed in the name or in the path. Either way, we'll figure it out. Sounds like Paul is getting into it for you.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape

Post by Dreamscape »

Dale, I found the same thing. It looks like the picture name got changed somehow. I looked at what Gary posted and the source code, they both are identical.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Gary LaBombard »

You guys are on track it seems. I am the butt wipe in this case, I did change the names of the photos to simplify and keep track for posting for me so I was the culprit. Ok, I have to back track, go and re-due everything it seems and from now on do not change the names of the photos.

I will give this a try, Paul, I am trying to simplify using the photobucket program in making albums etc. This new softwear always takes a few days and concentration to do correctly such as what happened in my photos being deleted because of MY ignorance.

So that I do not take any more of your time let me back track on my end, re-due the post and photos and lets see what happens from there.

NOTE: see what can happen when you are on the internet and you are sitting at home, alone, in your shorts, unshaven, beer close by. You can be in such a hurry to call someone a name out of senseless anger a Butt Wipe and I did and I am. LOL

Oh, Dale, I know this is an awfull thing to pull also, but I still, have to sign in, nearly every day to get on Eagles Int. Especially if I want to make any post of my own or reply. This is through the darn OLE AOL and IE servers. Lets fix one thing at a time.

See you guys later today. Feeling a little better as well, fingers crossed.

Gary