Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Don and Cary's 1973 05

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Don and Cary
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Don and Cary's 1973 05

Post by Don and Cary »

We have had the 05 Eagle for a little over a year now. We have had a lot of projects, some completed and some not. It's time to start our project thread. This is our Eagle.

Don and Cary

Re: Don and Cary's 1973 05

Post by Don and Cary »

Our first project was cleaning up the engine compartment. We don't think anybody had been in there since the previous owners bought it.

The engine when we got it.

After two weeks of cleaning...

Now the trick is keeping that clean. We wish.
Don and Cary

Post by Don and Cary »

Next major job was adding more batteries to the house electric. There were two 8ds behind the front bumper to do the whole house system. Since we boon dock so much we wanted a lot more batteries. We built a box in the rear bay on the curb side.

Now the front batteries run all the 12 volt loads and these run all the 110 volt loads. They are charged over the road through the charge relay and the big boy is for a jump start.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Looking good there guys, you post photos now of the engine of a Jake Brake install on a 05 that I have been looking for a year now lol

I took photos of the air cleaner reroute on that bus in Houston TX and lost it someplace thank you I needed that photo not taking anything away from the other photos but that one will help me a great deal

Clifford
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Nice car! Real nice work. Good to see another mid entry door fan.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Really, really clean job!

Now I know how the intake airhorn is done with the high valve covers. Thanks for the idea on what we need to do to ours!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Thank You for sharing. Very nice coach. All your hard work gets you a bus you can be very proud off.

Wayne
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

All the work you did on the Eagle I am guessing that will be the one you keep and sell the other 2 lol

Keep the 8v92 in Neo for a transplant the 8V92 DDEC is not a bad engine in a Eagle and not a big deal to swap from the gutless 8v71

Fwiw I should have bought that coach but I put it off and you sucked it up

Clifford
Don and Cary

Post by Don and Cary »

Ah, you figured it out. We were going to build the Neoplan, but then we fell in love with an Eagle. LOL Don always wanted on Eagle. So our plan won't be that hard? There is 35K on that Neoplan engine, with papers to prove it. The 4107 is for sale. We might think of trading it for an engine swap and a slide out if someone would do that. The 4107 is a nice little bus and does have a great engine.

Don and Cary
1973 05 Eagle
Don and Cary

Post by Don and Cary »

Oh, we weren't even in the market when somebody posted this on one of the boards. We saw it and said, heh, that's nice. Let's send an email and see what it's really like. Then we sat and ogalled the pictures for a few days. Jerked their chain with some questions. We were just window shopping. They sent an email and said they had a buyer, but they wanted to do this big inspection. The first person to get them some money by Friday had it. So we went crazy and off to Texas we went. Two buses became three.

It almost didn't make it home. Coming across west Texas this huge cross wind hit Don and the bus and almost took it off the road. It went sidewise into the other lane, sucked the awnings out on that side and fish tailed before he got it back. Good thing he is familar with big rigs. He used to pull 60' mobile homes. He said that if the truck had been on behind it would have ended up in the ditch. I was driving ahead of him since it was our first day on the road. He wanted to get familiar with it before towing the truck. The truck literally jumped from my lane to the next. We'll watch out for Texas in the future.

Don and Cary
1973 05 Eagle