Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Looking good Van & Cheryl! By the way, what are you using for plumbing fittings. . .I think I have a big bag of Shark-bite fittings for the plastic tubing I can bring to the Q if you're not already finished by then. Heck, the way you're going, you might be done by then!

Keep up the good work!

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hi Art, I just have flexible water line on barbed fittings right now but would like to go to a solid line to keep the pump from going on and off, no leaks though. Thanks for the offer, I don't know what the shark bit stuff is (yet :) ) , but i'm gonna have to learn pretty quick lol!
Maybe if you and Cindy end up this way in Dec you could bring them or Quartzsite will work too :) :D
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Van this is what shark bite Imagefittings look like
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Thanks Andy--a picture is worth a thousand words! I was a little hesitant to use those because I wasn't sure they could really hold water. . .so far, no problems.

If you decide to use these Van, I think you'll like them--easy to use, flexible pipe, they're the best thing since sliced bread! And you're right, we'll bring them with us next month. . .I think we're planning on a stop for a night-or-so in your neck of the woods.

See ya soon,

Art
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Your right Art sliced breadfor sure If I was doing a bus from the start I would spend the extra money and do the hole bus with them :D I love them .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hey that stuff looks too easy to be plumbing :lol: lol! I like it. Ok Art bring em' on buddy :D
Thanks Andy for the pix.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Our 40 gal holding tank and fresh water tank set up is done, not the most elaborate set up or one that'll keep us boon docking for weeks on end, but, one that does let us squirt some water for a short time. Someday we will have the large and incharge tanks, but for right now, this is a HUGE! step forward. Woo Hoo! now we can at least cook, clean, and the other thing ;) :lol: on the road :D when needed. I love learning all the trades necessary to do this conversion, all the things I thought I would never have to use later on in life. Now if only I could learn to hold a camera steady, Right? :lol:
Now if we could only get some carpeting in before the Q . Funny, just got my water tank in and filled, and now the temps will drop to 28 degrees tonight :o :shock: so now I got to dump the water before every thing freezes and bursts wide open tonight, go figure huh! :? :lol:
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I'm impressed you are this far along. You've come a long way baby! :lol: It's all a long process, just keep at it and enjoy what you do!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
DecalsbyBlondie
FMCA #: 399961
Bus Model: 1988 Model 15

Post by DecalsbyBlondie »

Look'in GOOD Van

you guys are gettin on with this project and it looks real good.

you might need to mount your water pump on the floor instead of above the tank it is much easier on the pump.

Chris
Chris Armstrong
Daytona Beach, Florida
And Cadillac, Michigan
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Here we go again, this time the bed, and I guess this makes it official :lol:
And now for some laminate flooring for the kitchen as well.

Onward & upward ;)