Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

Post by beltguy »

Van, I have been really "down in the dumps" because of your situation. I really know, first hand, how terrible a severe engine problem can be.

I felt your terrible thoughts and knew how dejected you must have felt when the second engine looked like it might be a boat anchor.

I also know what you felt like pulling out of Clifford's for the test run. When I did mine with the Series 60 I thought my heart rate would go through the roof. It will be the same when I take my first drive with the replacement Series 60 in the next week or so (I HOPE).

I am so happy that your first leg went well. I would think that run would have revealed any major problem. Just keep a close look at the gauges (maybe I should suggest you spend a little time looking at the road :D ).

I am so happy for you guys!!! This is really important to you and I really want you to be able to enjoy your dream!!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
binkey
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404489
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle model 15

Post by binkey »

Thank you Jim... it means a lot. It started this morn and we are getting ready to take off soon. With our neighbors help, the guys got the generator in the luggage bay since it has to go that way :lol:

Take care

Cheryl
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Next time Cheryl gets to drive!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Van, That's good news. I am glad things are starting to go your way.One eye on the gauges one eye on the road.

Good Luck Wayne
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Hi all,we're back home now and the bus performed flawlessly. Temps were right were they needed to be and as before oil pressure stayed at around 58psi at 70 mph, trans temp looked good,windy as heck though gusts to 30mph from the sw.
Over all, I think it went pretty good, nothing I put a wrench to fell off :shock: :lol: :lol: and we will be at the Q with her and the Mrs (other women in my life :shock: )and the bed rolls LOL
Jim,I see that Cheryl got to your post before I did( how does she do that? :o ) and I wanted to say thanks from the heart for the kind words as I think a few members shared you sentiments, and thank you to those kind people also :) .It never really smack me around as much when we first fired up the replacement engine ,I think it was the first go round(a year and a half ago, with the cracked heads) that knocked my dingle in the dirt, from there on it was all about rolled up sleeves and finally getting down to the nitty gritty :D . In all honesty Jim I who felt terrible about the passing of your motor, funny how that happens,and am delighted that you will have your baby up and at Quartzsite in January. Hope we can all break open some suds and have a giggle over this whole fiasco :D .
Dale, if you know Cheryl, you know that if we are both in the same vehicle guess who drives? ( we need to get there in one piece :lol: :lol: :lol: Ouch! :shock: )
Thanks Wayne,a lesson well learned the hard way( via the school of hard knocks,typical for me don'tcha know :roll:)and I have the diploma to prove it :lol:
Well that's it for now, cept to get my BP back down to normal :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks again :D .

Holiday wishes to all you guys
Van & Cheryl :)
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Van, Great news! Glad to hear you finally got 'er runnin! Now settle back and enjoy the ride!

Paul
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

:D now some windshield time cool bro keep moving forward 8-)
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

HIP HIP HERAY !!!!!

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I Knew It Van, I Just Knew It Would All Work Out For You. RIGHT ON BROTHER. !!

Everyone Has Been Praying For You. I Even Had My Family Back East Include Your Bus In There Prayer Chain. :shock: :lol:

GOD Is AWESOME.!

Im Really Happy That Your Going To Be At Quartsite. I Look Forward To Meeting You And Your Better Half And The Bus Too. And Everybody Here For That Matter. I Am Really Getting Excited About The BIG Q. And The Suds..I Mean Rocky Mountain Cool Stream Water (Right Wayne).10-4

Im Happy For You Van :D

JOHN
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Harvester
Bus Model: 1990 Eagle Model 15

Post by Harvester »

Van,I'm elated that things are working out for you. God looks after good folks!!!!!

I went back and read all of your thread.
I saw that you have nice front shades, I need one for the pass. side. Where can I get one?
Jim
Harvester
1990 Eagle -Model 15
Connelly Springs, NC
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thank you for the prayers Jim, John. The shades came with the coach,I forget who sells them now, Maybe Clifford or a few others might know and chime in with some more info on the shades. good luck :D

van