Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

Post by luvrbus »

Guys, he is doing all the work by himself I just give the tech advice LOL. Andy he does have nice SS hoses all the hoses are SS on his oil coolers everything very nice.
Now if I could get the camera from him Sun he was taking pictures of himself I don't do the camera thing as most here know also he needs to lose the leather hand panties LOL all in all he doing a good job

good luck
Clifford
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks Clifford,means a lot. I haven't worked on a power plant this large since 1995(Ft Dix,NJ) so I am a little out of shape, and my muscles have reminded me of that this morning, Oh The Pain LOL( I don't really think of it as Pain,but more as weakness leaving my body, Whoa! ouch! :lol: ).
Andy,Paul, no chrome here,other wise I would have to hand out sun glasses to every body that wanted to see it :lol: . Clifford,I know how camera shy you are,but I have the picture to top all pictures of you tuning a Detroit by ear :shock: yes you heard it right! by ear and here is the photo to prove it LOL :D
See ya tommorrow buddy for round 3 :lol: gotta go find my bottle of advil(er weakness reliever pills :lol: Ouch!).

2 stroke guy in training :D
VAN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Songman wrote:What is that strange listening device Clifford has in his ear? Is he getting instruction from Brownsville with that thing? Or maybe from Mars? :lol:
van wrote:Image
I remember Dale chimming in on this LOL :D
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Your KILLING Me.!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ear Piece...10-4 :shock:

JOHN 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Ya gotta love this stuff lol :lol: Hey Van whats with the leather patties lol they make this stuff . It's call GO JO works real good on Deisel grease :lol: Nice job Bud see ya soon
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Van... I'm jealous. Cliff, when can I bring my Eagle over? All I want is a rebuilt 8V71 - not too much to ask, right, LOL? Van enjoy that new engine, pretty soon that Eagle will be flying down the road. Hey I've got an idea - if you want to break in your new engine come to Florida for the Arcadia rally, I will be there. :D
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Manny thanks,and you must have been reading my mind LOL. A four corners Iron Butt Run is in the planning, now that we have made so many friends coast to coast it won't be the usual balls to the walls run from coast to coast :P .I am looking forward to our next trip back east. :mrgreen:
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Just a quick update :o . Decided it would be best now that the replacement 6 92 is in, to take our 15 out and stretch her wings a little :shock: . To bring every one up to date, Plagued with engine problems :cry: :cry: the original 6V92 that came with our coach was removed and finnally put out of it's misery :lol: :lol: . A replacement take out was reinstalled. I took the eagle out for an initial run of approximately 30 miles, which resulted in Heavy smoke and blowing oil from the L/R air box drains,as well as blowing oil from the back of the water pump gasket as well as the rear plate behind the bell housing completely soaking my starter. After a good cleaning, tightening the bolts for the w/pump and the l/s accessory drive plat the oil stopped leaking ;) .
Yesterday started out with a ton of anticipation :D as well as a ton and a half of apprehension :roll: thrown in just for good measure :lol: . We drove down to Clifford's place and take the bus out and see how it does.
With Cheryl in charge of driving the P/U as a chase vehicle, we set out on the first leg. I chose to go to vegas and back which will put the trip at aprox 250 miles.
The trip was pretty uneventful except for the big Doo Doo eating grin on my face :D .It had been almost a year and a half since I drove her :shock: , and what a joy it was :D . Monitoring the gauges closely ( with an Eagle eye ;) ) Temps ran at 175-185 when pulling a grade :D ,oil @ 55-60 psi :D ,and getting a boost reading of 10 psi when pulling the grades.
All seems normal so far with what seems to be very little to none, oil consumption or loss :D . According to the real time reporting from my wife, no smoke was reported once the engine was up to operating temps :D .
Bus seemed to maintain a speed of 65 going up the mild grades and I had to hold it back on the flats :D , keeping the speed down to 70 mph(cause boy she wants to go :lol: ).The last grade to pull was before the turn off into boulder city coming from searchlight NV was able to maintain 50 mph.

Today,we will fuel up and return trip it back to Clifford s place and bed it down.Maybe and hopefully the results will be just as nice if not better,wish us luck :D !

On the road agian(hopefully :D )
Van 8-)
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Post by busdriver58 »

Van,

These are great, great news. I hope you finally win the engines battle and with all this I think now you will be the next DD's expert learning from the master.

Congratulations again my friend.

Julio
Last edited by busdriver58 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thank you Julio! :D ,the war isn't over,but hopefully this battle is won.You may be right,and I will gladly carry the torch and pass it along to the generations to follow me,I feel like a sponge, and will try to absorb it all, talk about trial by fire :D

Van