Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

Post by rusty »

Van I hear you got your bus running. What's next? I heard you are coming to Quartzsite so we can kick some tires and tell some lies. You will enjoy
all the other Eagle people they are a great bunch of guys

Thank You Wayne
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Wayne hi thanks for asking ,well simply put YAHOOOO!,yup she's a running (thanks clifford,don) and I'm a coming ,can't wait to meet all you guysdown there.To tell you the truth I don't know which path to take next concerning the conversion,we're 5 months behind schedule and right now feels like we just got her yesterday. I do know that this will be a work in progress and want to get her in shape maintenance wise .

I guess first in order would be to replace the floor ,maybe blow out a couple of uneeded windows,I'm still not quite shure.Think for right now I will wait untill after the run in Q town Az ,at least I'll maybe have a better understanding of what direction to take after meeting all of the members,listening to any advise and taking a butt load of notes.

like a kid before X-mas

Van
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

With all the Eagles going to QZ there ought to be plenty of cameras, so no excuses, OK?

Van, Take a big notepad or a voice recorder, lots of batteries for your camera and don't forget to take Cheryl with you! ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Dreamscape wrote:With all the Eagles going to QZ there ought to be plenty of cameras, so no excuses, OK?
Starting to look line mine may not be among them. I don't see myself having time to get the sides and caps on in time. But even if the bus isn't there, I will be. And I'm looking forward to seeing this hot rod of Vans.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Dale,

Don't rush it! If it isn't ready there will be many more down the road.

Ours isn't pretty and not finished either, but at least we are closed in! :mrgreen:

These beasts take a lot of work to get and keep them road ready. When they are sitting, just think of how good your mileage is! :lol:

Even while ours is in the "Remodeling Stage", we still enjoy the times when we do get out. Of course it's only been once a year the last few years. Hopefully next year will be differant.
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Dale do you have the materials to close it in ,most importantly is she registered yet,if so then when are we closing it in?were are you at right now ,let me know I'll help ya(it's called payin it foward),shure would like to see your bus down there.Cheryl and I were down at cliffords mon to clean our girl up and start getting ready for Qz , changed out the air box cover gaskets and tightened up the exhaust a little better.We still got 2 and a half months to go ,we can git-er-done if your up to it. :roll:
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Hey Van,

I've obviously got the caps and sides. Still need to buy Sikaflex. More importantly, we have to tear out and redo the rear framing since the PO had the cap on upside down when he built the frame... Or I should say the people he had doing it had the cap on upside down when they built the frame.

The more imminent hold up is that Don had gotten orders for a lot of engines that have to be done in the next couple of months, plus, we have to get his bus engine built and back in so we can take it to New Orleans in the beginning of December.

We'll see how it goes in the next few weeks.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

OK
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Just thought I'd throw it in,my second and first love
Anamosa,Iowa.July,2008
J&P Cycles corperate headquarters
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Nice Eagle, Van I love the Red and I admire you and all the folks that tackle such a project. Good luck and keep those pics coming.
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481