Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

Post by van »

Nah ,they got here alright they just showed up after Sonja picked up clifford,YUM,YUM
Van
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Reason why engine had no turbo boost while making the trip home back in june looks like some one cheated the installation and shortened the hose to get it in,it burnt up duh! new turbo output hose next to the old :( :D and yes thats a real black jack table(chips any one?
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Van, are you having any problem finding parts. Hope all is going well there.

Its amazing what you will find that some of the garages did for quick fixes. I pulled off duck tape by the yards (all so called Kentucky Chrome by us hickabillies) and bailling wire by the pounds. Hopefully your bus never saw any of the mechanics as ours did.

Good luck on the start up guys....

.........kentucky Steve ...................
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

It had'nt been that bad exept 1.for that output hose 2. the four elec fans strapped to the radiator .I have talked to the mech that last worked on the bus in southern Illinois and think he'd be beter off working on go carts than busses.Heres an interesting note while clifford was walking around my eagle the other day inspecting the chasis etc he discovered that I have two additional saddle tanks mounted on either side of the main fuel tank,now I have no idea what fuel capacity this rig has ,any one know of these extra tanks they look to be about 50 gal each(don't quote me)and there might even be the aux tank up front below the main .Does anyone here know what optional tanks were available in 89?

thats a lot of fuel
Van
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Taking one thing at a time. Once you get your engine all tweeked out and running in good order. You may find that somewhere down the line one of your tanks had a problem and was by passed and is just there holding air space. This is only a thought, you never know till you start tracing things out though. Once your in running order and get the inside striped to the layer you want. You can go through your systems one at a time and check that they are all in order ie wiring,air lines,coolant lines, fuel lines, lubrication points of interest ok ok :D :D thats a start :D

..........Kentucky Steve ..............
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Yippie! we got her running,clifford is the man ,and I owe him a huge debt of graditude THANKS CLIFFORD FOR ALL THE HARD WORK :D :D :D
vAN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

That's great news!

Now go run it and have fun.......... :lol:

Enjoy your toy........ ;)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Kentucky Steve

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Van,

Congrats buddy, and the fuel is coming down just in the nick of time too. :D :D :D 8-)
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

THIS COMES JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME ,MY HOSTS AT THE BEST WESTERN HAVE BEEN OVER EVERY DAY THIS WEEK TO SEE IF i WAS DONE YET,AND TODAY i SAID YUP! TOMORROW ITS OFF TO IT'S NEW SPOT @ CLIFFORD AND SONJA'S ,AT LEAST EAGLES ARE WELCOME THERE .AND YESS i DID GET SHOTS OF CLIFF RUNNING THE RACK,AND VIDEO(MPEG) OF THE START UP AND RUNNING .DALE HOW DO i POST THE MPEG?

vAN
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

Van, I would suggest starting an account with YouTube and uploading it there and just posting the link here.
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN