Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Re: Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Van lookin good Bud , Hell your might as well leave the old girl right where it is and you will always beable to work on her. Hope all is well have fun and enjoy . Later Andy
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks Andy, been staying real busy in this heat (Dry :shock: ), floor is almost done, built a new dash ( right side only ). Having studied Arts build photos, I already have the kitchen base cabinet carcasses built and am getting started to put the walls up, build the bedroom etc. Been having a ball with this carpentry stuff,good therapy :lol: . been like a kid in a candy store if not for the One Hundred and freakin teens temps we have been getting. More to come, now got to drink more water before I evaporate :lol: :lol: have fun at the rally. ;)

Van 8-)
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

More updated photos of what we've been up to in this heat :lol:
getting the floor dialed in

Tore out the right side of the dash to tidy up the air lines and such and thought hard about not puttin that plastic fantastic one back, so here is what I come up with. Might not be the prettiest thing on the planet, but will do for now til I come up with a better idea.

Even made an attempt at kitchen base cabinet building, Here is my first attempt

Working with wood definitely puts me in uncharted waters, but there is plenty of time to re do and hone my skills. Gonna have to get one of those Kreg tools and give that a whirl :lol: :lol: Well onward and upward, I have been having a blast doing all of this, kinda like a kid in a toy store, just having the time of my life! ;) :D :D more later...

Van
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Van, get the Kreg tool, it's only about 20 bucks and saves a bunch of time and really works great. You are doing a great job learning your news woodworking skills. I learned as I went and still want to change things after I've already changed them! I just need to say stop, enough is enough! :lol:

It'll come together in time, just have fun while you're at it! :D
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Wow buddy , your moving right along and u know all you have to do is make it work for you and long tall sally (AKA Cheryl) Hey just think of it as a 49 Pan lol Looks Good
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Lookin' good Van--we're barely going to recognize it next time we see it! Keep on pluggin' on. . .before you know it, you'll look back at your work and it'll be near finished!
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Spent the past month or so wrenching and learning to build kitchen cabinets for the bus. After rounding up the most basic of tools for the task, this is the out come of our labor, still learning by making mistakes this set up will suffice till after the Q rally. the biggest challenge is finding decent hard wood here in town.
Here Cheryl is staining the grain while Mom offers her critique :lol:
more later... Now I suppose we need doors huh ? :o

Ok go easy on me! :lol:
Van
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

very nice Van. keep up the good work.

Wayne
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Now you're getting somewhere! Nice job and I see you put Mom to work huh!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Very Cool Van. Im Glad To See That Your Gettin After Building The Bus.....WOW You Have Really Been Bustin It !!!!!

Im Very Happy For You.

Keep Up The Good Work Buddy

MrBreeze
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500