Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
busdriver58
Bus Model: 1969/05 and 1964/01

Re: Van & Cheryl's 89 model 15

Post by busdriver58 »

great news! but why two of them? just in case?
Julio & Julieta Pérez

1969 05 #7810
8V92 DD / HT-740 Allison
1964 01 #6469
8v71 DD / 4 Speed
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

:D Dale ,It's ready to be pick up ,you can have the 6v only if you bring me Don's hot rodded 8v71 :lol: .Andy ,that was the hard part,left Clifford's place 9:30 last tues night drove straight thru to Copeland Kansas where the engine was (sothwestern coach) almost 15 hours ,pulling out of Winslow Arizona I-40 EB hit one of the worst dust storms I have ever encountered,near zero visibility.From there ,on to Denver to pick up the second motor at Rusty's place .Boy did we leave in the nick of time before the snow hit.we returned home about an hour ago,so we are pretty beat.Our new silverado performed beyond my expectations ,lets just say ,I pretty much passed everything on the road home :lol: pulling the grades seemed to be a cinch for our 1500 ,my average speed was 85 and held on to 80 up the grades .
Last edited by van on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Julio,the 8v is for dale the 6v goes in ours,oh the I-40 thing,it runs close to Clifford's home in Arizona :)
Hey Andy, Cheryl and I are coming for sure (I think) :lol: I hope to have big red tearing up the asphalt before the rally ,if not? the the pick up gets a rest and it'll be the Harley's turn out the gate.
Andy ,I know we discussed the slowing down thing on the line ,but this past trip was one of those "On a mission"runs(Hee Hee :lol: ),I did remember to look at the sanfrancisco mountains coming back thru flaggstaff Az :lol: (hey when you've seen one rock you've seen em' all :lol: ,Thats why I always drive at night ,when on a mission ,just the road ,no distractions ;)

More later ,got to go lay down ,before I fall down if ya know what I mean :D
Last edited by van on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

And I appreciate ya'll letting it ride along too. (And also Wayne for supplying it!) Now I have another excuse to go visit Clifford!
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I was at Clifford and Sonja's last Sunday for a couple of hours and Clifford BBQ'd some burgers! Saw Van's Big Red, Texas Border Dude's (Doyle) gorgeous Eagle, Coffee too. Along with a Model 7 that I forgot who it belongs too. And of course another 05 Sonja owns, need I say more. What great hosts, was good to see them as the last time we were together was TBR 2008. I left and my belly was full and empty pockets, couldn't find anything small enough to fit in there! :lol:

You gotta pay them a visit Dale!

~Paul~
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
Songman
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404262
Bus Model: 1993 Silver Eagle Model 15-45

Post by Songman »

I'd go just for the good burgers! The good folks and buses would just be icing on the cake! haha
Dale Houston
1993 Eagle 15-45
Nashville, TN
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

UPDATE! Just got home from Clifford's shop.Yesterday was a productive day, consisting of getting the Eagle Aired up and towed(mostly forward,LOL :lol: )Backwards off the street into the shop. Then the dirty deed of pulling the pack occured :lol

[IMG]https://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq2 ... gle006.jpg[/IMG]
Last edited by van on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

WOW! Van how long did it take to get the engine out and in a scale of 1 to 10 how hard was it? Tell us are you going to upgrade to a bigger engine or not.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Manny :D ,the day started off with moving the bus from the field to the shop and after locating an air leak at the front tank(stuck open automatic drain)and plugging it,Clifford used his tractor to tow me backwards :shock: into the shop.the actual removal,I would have to say is about 6 hours.Had I not jammed up my right knee,It would have taken the 4 hours that Clifford had said it would take.
On a 1-10 scale, although it is a straight forward operation I give this a 9er due to the fact this is a 20 year old bus and has never had the engine out during that time,the road grime that has accumulated (3/8s thick or better)made it difficult to work on,so yess I would give it a rating of 9.
Upgrading to a bigger engine was not an option at the time, as I was very, very fortunate to get a 330 hp replacement 6V92 to re install I probably would be installing the replacement today had I not tore up my right knee Saturday trying to free up 3 frozen cross member bolts. We are currently down to one vehicle for transportation,which My honey has to use to travel into Vegas to her job,so getting back and forth (200mile round trip)to Clifford and Sonja's place is now a little difficult and will have to wait till the weekend comes.
Next step will be to pressure wash everything, i.e the old pac,so the accessories and trans can be broke apart and then reassembled on to the newer engine and then in reverse, put it all back in the bus,minus the filt :lol: .This is doable, but it is not for the novice or faint of heart as there is a big safety factor involved here (yours :),this pac weighs as much as a mid sized car and can kill you if it falls and you happen to be in the way :roll: .

Busted knee me
But happy as heck!
Van 8-)
Last edited by van on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Couple of more photos
http://s457.photobucket.com/albums/qq292/cwvanhagen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by van on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:02 am, edited 12 times in total.