Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Jim Sims 88 Eagle 15

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
jimsimsii
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15 Wide body

Re: Jim Sims 88 Eagle 15

Post by jimsimsii »

Just a quick update. Sides all painted white. Looking to get the bus wrapped. Anyone see a problem doing that instead of paint?
Jim Sims
Central Michigan
88 Eagle 15 6v92
jimsimsii

Post by jimsimsii »

Latest update. Well it has been almost a year since I bought this coach. It has been a real blast working on it. I am not a carpenter, plumber, electricial, seamstress, welder . . . but I think it is coming along really well. Image This is with the sides painted white.
The rest of the pics show the interior, except for the front blade. Thanks to Chris Armstrong, I now have dual headlights. Still looking for a couple buckets but that is minor. I am very pleased with how this is going. What do you guys think? ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I thank all the Eagle owners that post pics on here. I have looked at all the photos posted. It has need a real inspiration to keep me going. I have a long way to go but seeing what others have done gives me hope. Thanks all.
Jim Sims
Central Michigan
88 Eagle 15 6v92
jimsimsii

Post by jimsimsii »

It is hard to believe this is what I started with. I hope this gives someone else some inspiration. Thanks to members like Clifford, Chris and Blondie, Van and Cheryl, Sunchaser . . . just to mention a few. I have never met you all but I hope to some day. You have all been a true inspiration to me. It makes me know that I am not the only person that has had "issues" that were hurdles. Again, thank you all so much..

ImageImageImage
Jim Sims
Central Michigan
88 Eagle 15 6v92
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Boy Jim you certainly have come a long way in a year! :shock: I think the destination sign says that you have finally arrived, that is one special bird. You have accomplished quite a bit in such a short time for sure. Nice job! :D Here's to your continued encouragement! Your Forte is steadily climbing ;) ;)

Van 8-)
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Jim, I am impressed!!

I went back through your project thread and had to smile when your first post said that the bus had to be done by June 1 (I noticed you did not say what year :lol: )

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

You get a bunch of atta boys Jim you are doing a wonderful job and you also keep us moving forward as well Keep up the Great work .
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Looking great! It's just like eating an elephant, one bite at a time! :lol:

You have made great progress! 8-)
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
DecalsbyBlondie
FMCA #: 399961
Bus Model: 1988 Model 15

Post by DecalsbyBlondie »

WOW !!!!!!
what a difference a year makes Jim
Looking good
is that snow in the field lol
Chris Armstrong
Daytona Beach, Florida
And Cadillac, Michigan
jimsimsii

Post by jimsimsii »

Well I have cut out all the rot from the front tubes. Some welding is under way. What a job. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
I actually enjoy this part. It is easy to see progress when you remove rust and weld in new steel. Front should be completed later today. Then to power wash everything and get a good coat of paint on everything. More to come soon. Next: the rear tube in front of the bogies. Should be fun.
Jim Sims
Central Michigan
88 Eagle 15 6v92
jimsimsii

Post by jimsimsii »

Well this was a very productive weekend. I replaced the wheel hoop and all the front tubing that was rotted away. Painted and undercoated new tubing. All put back together. I am sore as #$##@$%. ImageImageImage
Looks like the coach goes into storage this week. I feel very good about what I have done to the old bird through out the year I've had her. Spring will bring new rear driver side hoops and a custome paint job. It is sad having to put her away for the winter. Storage that is available for working on it is too far away Everyone else wont let me work on it while in storage. Bummer... Well maybe the wife will get some quality time with me now, instead of the coach. LOL.
Jim Sims
Central Michigan
88 Eagle 15 6v92