Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Re: Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

Post by buscrazyinFL »

That's a great idea, Boomer! Sounds like a much better way of keeping track, you must have some excellent records. Maybe as I get more comfortable with the pc, I'll take on your challenge. Thanks again for your reply.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post # 15

Being a stickler for detail, I came upon another Eagle one day that was parked in an RV storage, and noticed this sticker on the inside of the fuel doors. So I took a picture of it and took it to the sign shop that does the lettering on my locksmith van and had them make some of these stickers for our bus, one for each side.

Also, since I do not have Alcoa Wheels - - yet, (our bus came with SS wheel covers) the original center stickers were badly faded so I had the sign shop make me new ones, only I had them put "Eagle" on them.

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post # 16

The Train Horn
When we purchased our Eagle it had the original horn on the steering wheel. It reminded me of the horn on my UPS truck back in my delivery days with them (over 27 years)...anyway, that horn did not match up to the awesome size of our Eagle. My wife in particular noticed it one day, when she heard a train horn sound from our friend's Eagle (Eagle 1). So that got her to thinking, and when my big "50th" birthday rolled around, that's what she got me for my birthday. As you can see, I mounted it in the bay under the front electrical panel. The auxiliary air tank was already there, and when our Eagle was in the shop having the air throttle installed, I had them put an air line from the auxiliary tank, and then I installed it. When I was done with this project I had an aching back. I had spent 5 hours in a miserable position trying to get everything hooked up, but BOY was it worth it. At first, I hooked it up to a button on the dash. I could have hooked it up to the steering wheel horn, but I didn't really want to do that, just in case there were times when the train horn may have been TOO much. However, for those times when I DID want to use it, but had to think quickly, reaching for that button on the dash wasn't working very well. Now, I had previously seen a Prevost that had a factory installed button on the floor that operated the air horn, so that got me thinking. I wanted to hook one up on the floor of my bus, but I wasn't sure where to obtain a button switch that would work. Then, this Christmas, my wife got me some extras for our Golf Cart (that we tow on some trips); extras like turn signals, brake lights, and a HORN KIT. Low and behold, the horn kit included a button to mount on the floor and I said to myself, "why can't I use this same button for the floor of my bus to connect and operate my train horn. So I ordered another one of those buttons and hooked it up in my Eagle and it works PERFECTLY and is SO much easier and quicker to operate.

Here is the air line from the auxiliary tank

You can purchase the button at Buggies Unlimited http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/
The item # is HRN BTN FLR
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post # 17

Entertainment Center

This was actually created when our bus was converted, but for those of you who may need some ideas...here are some pictures of what was done. Keep in mind our roof was raised and a new front cap put on.

This is the compartment over the driver's seat. It contains the DVD player / surround sound component.

The TV is mounted in the compartment over the steps

The square sections in the vinyl allow access to the rear of the TV and the other components. These access doors have really come in handy. We recently had to replace most of the old surround sound system, even though just the dvd player had gone bad. At first we bought an inexpensive surround sound system from Wally world, but it sounded really bad considering what we were use to. We couldn't afford a more expensive system at the time, so our older son convinced us to buy separate components (a separate receiver and dvd player) from a company online brand new but at a great price. Because we bought separate components, we can replace them individually in the future if one component goes bad, instead of having to replace the whole system. We actually were able to use the old speakers, they sound incredible and still work great! I did paint them black, however, they were originally silver. By the way, the sub-woofer is mounted under the couch.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post # 18

Driver's Side Control Panel

You can see the before and after pictures of the panel as it was when we got our Eagle and then after I redid it. But I am still not completely satisfied with it. It looks good, but scratches easily and stays dusty. I am trying to find something more in a wood-grain pattern, but when I do you can be sure this time I will take the driver's seat out because it was back-breaking trying to work on that panel with the seat in place.

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post # 19

Door Handles

When we first got our Eagle it had a typical RV handle on the door. We replaced it when we redid the door panel and I also added the assist handle for the steps. I found these handles at West Marine here in town. They are more heavy duty and look better, too!

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post # 20

Rear Electrical Panel Cover

I've noticed alot of older Eagles are missing the cover to the rear electrical panel, ours included, so I took the measurements to a local metal shop and they cut it for me. Then I had the lettering done at the sign shop. I eventually would like to replace this with polished stainless steel, but this works for now...

Here is the before and after:

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

Manny, if you are interested I have a formed stainless cover for the electrical box, as well as the original plastic wiring diagram for Model 10's that goes inside the cover, still in good shape. Let me know if you would like it. It would be cheap. It is satin finish, I did not polish it because shortly after I had it made, I repowered and eliminated the whole box. Love your bus.
Mark
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thank you Mark. I am definitely interested. I will contact you.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Manny,

I sure like the door handle, that is something I'll keep in mind for sure.

I think I will quit posting pics of our Eagle, Yours is a work of art. Maybe Dreamscape will grow one day and be a big brother to yours..... ;) In the meantime I'm going to keep a low profile. :mrgreen:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/