Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
ace
Bus Model: 1992 Prevost H3

Post by ace »

Clifford when you use a metal pipe, you don't even see it. The larger PVC pipe is on the outside of the metal pipe allowing air to circulate between the two for cooling! Jack Conrad's comes to mind and it looks good too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

Post by luvrbus »

Ace,my generator was in a front bay my stack was more like a side pipe on the old cars it ran back to boogie and you could just flip it up on the side of the bus it was a neat setup but I never used it so I ran a pipe underneath.

I don't know why people complain about a generator man you go to rallies and the diesel fired heaters go off at ground level with no stack and will it gag you lol

A few are starting to use stacks on those systems even though the manufacture doesn't recommend it

Clifford
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thank you for the suggestions. I will be testing it and probably modifying it before we leave. I don't plan to use this often since I'm not a fan of dry camping we just really wanted to go to this rally. I'm sure I'll get some good pointers from the others who will be there. I was trying to avoid going to the muffler shops. I actually thought I would get more comments and criticism on this, guess you all are being merciful. It's all a learning process.Remember how many times it took Edison before he got it right. Let's just say this is my first prototype :D
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Manny, even the high dollar high temp PVC pipe is just good for 200 degrees you put a load on the generator like the ac's they will have a exhaust temp of 300 +degrees with no load I think it may work but the Fernco coupling will have a short life

Clifford
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

The genturi is plastic but is not connected to the gen exhaust. the generator pipe turn up toward the larger plastic pipe but clears the lower edge of the plastic by an inch or so. The theory is the heat and compression power pushes the gasses up and pulls outside air in and stays cool enough to not soften the plastic but maintains enough heat to rise up and out of the tube.
ALL that said ours is all exhaust tubing and gets hot enough to keep folks from wanting to test the pipe temp more than once.
LeROY
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

POST # 54

GENERATOR STACK Do-Over

Ok so, heeding the advice of those in the know, I decided to re-do the pipe in metal.
Ended up going to a muffler shop after all and surprisingly it was not expensive at all ($50).
Find a local place, mom/pop shop, and the owner was very nice.
I tested it and it's working great, with no leaks.
This is what I ended up with:

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Hey Manny,
Looking good man! Don't forget to get a tailpipe clamp from that shop with a leg on it that you can cut to length, bend a 90 in it & position it to fit in your drip rail for stability. & heat resistant paint so it don't rust. Can't be having no rust around no Eagles. Oh & don't forget to encase it in concrete so noone can accidentally touch the pipe & get burned. ;) Had to throw that in just cuz. I remember Mike Heron's diesel exhaust at Palmetto Cove. It was a used piece of gutter downspout. Color matched the bus. Interesting ideas we all come up with to make things work. Hope you guys have a good time at the rally. Looks like you're just about ready...
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
ace
Bus Model: 1992 Prevost H3

Post by ace »

Now that you've had that done and it looks a lot better, you should put the larger PVC pipe over it with an air space between the two! You would be surprised at the difference and safer against the body and paint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

I think it should be painted to match, white and with stripes so it wil be invisable!!
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post #55

Fuel Filler Hose

I've recently noticed that the fuel filler hoses were feeling really soft and it just didn't seem right to me. So I decided to change them. When I took the first one off on the driver's side and cleaned it up a bit I noticed it was actually a radiator hose. As you can see from the picture the outside layer was separating from the rest of the hose. That was not good. Thank goodness there didn't seem to be any fuel leaking while I was fueling up, but it was definitely collapsing. God only knows how long those hoses had been on there or who had the bright idea to use those in the first place. Probably because it flexes more easily and was easier to install. The new (correct) hoses are made especially for fuel. They are much stiffer and is reinforced with wire. Needless to say it was not that easy to put on but I feel a lot better knowing they are on there.

Old Hose

New Hose (3 ft)

New Hose Cut to Size

New Hose Installed on Driver Side

Old Hose on Passenger Side

New Hose Installed on Passenger Side
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851