Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F385289
Bus Model: 1972 Eagle 05
Vin # 8851

Re: Manny & Darlene's Eagle 05

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post #13

Ok, this is my favorite project. I was not able to personally do the installation, but I knew from the first drive in our bus that eventually I wanted an air throttle installed. The original cable throttle was very hard to operate, it was so stiff and made driving unenjoyable and I would be so wore out when we arrived at our destination, so I took the bus to Central FL Bus Repair in Lakeland, and along with some other maintenance issues I had them install this air throttle. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MADE!!!!!!!!!!! They later told me that I was only getting half the throttle performance with that original cable.

Last edited by buscrazyinFL on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
8V71 / HT740 4 Speed Automatic
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Manny yeh buddy very slick,can you check to see if turned side ways can ya get 2 of them suckers in there? Might be that the lights need to be trimmed a little,but is it doable cause that would very cool .There is a company (BADLANDS) that manufactures the module I use on harley's to convert the turn signals to operate as turn/brake and marker,and also has a built in load equilizer for l.e.d's. With 2 of those assemblies in each tail lense ,you would have all your rear tail lights functionat the same time (turn,brake and marker)I want to make them all red lens with auxilary back up lights,whatta you think?
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Hey Van, that certainly is doable. I didn't take a picture of it, but where the wires are going into the light bulb socket, I actually took a 1" hole saw and made a larger hole and it fits perfectly, After I did my lights, I thought about doing dual lights, I even stacked them (as a trial) when I was working in the rear to see if you could do it, but I hadn't ordered enough lights so just went with what I had for now. I may do it in the future. But even with the single lights, they are very bright.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
van
Club Member
Club Member

Post by van »

Thanks Manny,that's good news about 2 fitting in there ,can you post a link and maybe the brand + part #'s tanks :D
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Here you go:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/truck_lights.htm

That should bring up the lights, but if not, look under Truck lights for the RT series. They had the best prices. I also bought the oval top side markers.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Hey Manny , Great job on your Bus I have a ? about your job laying the carpet. I noticed you used what looks like roofing paper , Is that used as a vaper barrier?. and Did you install the tile in your entry way. The battries look great nice and clean job. You also answered my ? on the lites. Once again great job and welcome to the group.
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

Manny,

I can't believe how clean your bus is back there. Very impressive buddy and keep the pictures coming. I am enjoying your work and ideals. That ole hole that the air conditioner was in sure made for a nice storage compartment. 8-)

..........Kentucky Steve ..............
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Thanks for the positive comments guys...it sure is nice to have fellow Eagle bus nuts appreciate each other's work. I have lots more to post, it's just time consuming, but my wife and I are enjoying doing the posts, and we are realizing just how much we have done in two years...of course there is plenty more to do. I can't imagine the task you guys have that are doing a full conversion. To me, that would be overwhelming. I have done van interior conversions in the past, and also did some restoring on a '56 Chevy. My dad was a mechanic so I grew up working on cars. I always did enjoy it, but our bus is by far the most enjoyable project I've had.

Andy, you are right, that was roofing paper we put down before the padding. The bus had none when they did the original conversion. We figured it would help seal the floor. No, I did not lay any of the tile. It was put in when the bus was converted back in '88. It sure has held up good through all these years. If I ever redo the tile, I will lay it at an angle, they say that's the best way to do it, but for now, we're very happy with it.
Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
buscrazyinFL
Club Member
Club Member
Vin # 8851

Post by buscrazyinFL »

Post # 14

Before we post more of our projects, wanted to mention what we do to help keep a history of the maintenance, etc. we are doing on our bus. I have gone back many times to reference things and it really is nice. It sure would have been even nicer if the previous owner(s) had done it. I basically had to start from scratch, but if you keep up with it, it can be an invaluable tool, not only for you, but for a future owner if you ever sell you bus (God forbid, lol). When we got our bus it did have some owners manuals for the microwave, fridge, tv, cassette player, etc. but nothing as far as maintenance. We keep this book with us when we travel.

Manny & Darlene's
1972 Silver Eagle 05
VIN # 8851
Boomer
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F352905
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle M10. Stretched, widened, raised to M15/45 specs. Cummins ISM 450, Allison World transmission. Mid entry door.

Post by Boomer »

I compile my on going maintenance records the same way I did when I owned a fleet. Just a simple MS Word page with date, milage, maintenance performed with part numbers installed and other info, and who performed the job. At year's end, just hit print and put it in the binder. The heading of each page has the usual vehicle info; make, year, vin, company no., etc. Invoices for outside parts and labor go in the binder with my record. No fancy expensive fleet maintenance software needed to be purchased and learned. The KISS way of doing it. On the PM side, we had a large 4X5 grease board columned off with the bus numbers, service intervals, componant change times due and accomplished, etc. Milage due next was entered in red and milage performed was in green. Worked for me........