Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Sivrtnge2'S 82 Eagle Model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Re: Sivrtnge2'S 82 Eagle Model 10

Post by ericbsc »

At least you are using it once a year!!LOL I took nine years to convert mine, drove it for a year, and now were down for an engine change. I have been told it had beter not be another nine!! YOur bus looks good!!! I have always liked the storefront windshields in the eagle.
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

At least you are using it once a year!!

Well Eric, we've not used it in almost a year. She is in the shop now for an "engine and everything else" job!!!

That's farther down my project page. I'm behind on building this thing!!!
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

I remember getting the bus back from Steve after he repaired a great deal of the framework and replacing the lower front skins. He told me when I left his place to be very careful because he wasn't going to fix the front skins again. On the way home, I hit a few bumps and guess what...

I called Choo Choo Express up near Chattanooga, TN and explained my problem to them. They were very nice friendly folks. Don said to bring it up right away, they would be glad to take a look at it for me. So away we go. After they gave her a look over, they informed me that it needed to be "indexed" what ever that meant. Don began to explain to me that someone had adjusted the front end down closer to the ground for some reason and that's why I was slapping everything on the road. He also informed me that I had an aluminum wheel cracked on the steer axle. He told me to be careful going home and not to drive it too far without replacing the wheel. It drove and rode a heck of a lot better.

Now what, I can't really use it without getting a new aluminum wheel. :idea: ...why not get Steve to do some more trading???

After talking moma into letting me make a few "safety" changes, I turned the ole girl back over to Steve for a wheel update and some new "soles"

...well, I couldn't just do the steers...

SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Ok, life is good. We got the ole girl back from Steve's place and decided it was time for some much needed rest and relaxation. We took a trip up to Dollywood for Christmas to see the lights and just have fun. No problems, no worries...

Time to get ready to head back... the ole girl won't fire :x . Its 12 degrees outside and no block heater. I'm not use to this "sh" stuff. I have a four stroke that I have no problem cranking no matter what the temperature is.

We started looking for someone around there to give us a hand. Moma is a little upset now. We went down to the local wally world and picked up some C4-H10-O, aka ETHER :ugeek: . After we returned back to the coach, we decided to just wait until the next morning to leave.

Picture this now, 07:00 in the morn, colder than a well diggers..., I sprayed the air filter down with my magical firing power in a can. She fires up and smoked the whole camp ground up. It was a total white out and not because of a blizzard. The fire department and cops showed up ready to battle a working fire :oops: . They stayed there with us for about 45 minutes while we were trying to build up air pressure. The air dryer is frozen. The cop call a local service guy, he showed up wit a Creme Brulee torch and bada bing...she's building air. We make it home with out any other hiccups and chalked that one up as lesson learned.

...to be continued!!!
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

After some time, and a few more trips, we both came to the conclusion that we needed to add some type of leveling system to the ole girl so the next planned trip was to Lakeland FL for some BIGFOOTS.

All was ok on the trip down to Lakeland. The leveling system worked flawlessly so we decided to head up to Avon, NC for a week for a little “US” time. We made it into South Carolina to another wally world for some groceries. When we came out of the store, we smelled something similar to an asphalt plant. The closer we got to the coach, the stronger the smell. I looked up and noticed smoke bellowing out of the bay.

The generator got so hot it melted the wiring harness and the overflow bottle. “Now what” moma said. “I think this bus thing was another bad idea.” I started assuring her that if we had just bought an Eagle bus and converted it ourselves, we would probably be better off.

We aborted the NC trip and just went on home. I left the generator with Engine Power Source in Atlanta. They did a complete rebuild and added an up to date shutdown safety system. We decided we would just stay close to home with her for awhile just to make sure there were no more problems.

...on a family excursion at Joe's

After several months of driving her out to the movies, the bowling alley, Joe’s Crab Shack, etc, the only issue that we had was with the fuel sending unit. We came to the conclusion at this point that the major issues had been resolved. I called our good friend Steve again to see if he could fix it for us. “Sure” he said, “bring it on over.” After a few days had gone by, he called and said ”are you sure you want this thing fixed?” “Yes, why” I replied. He began to tell me the bathroom floor has to come out to get to the sending unit.

That's how we ended up renovating the bathroom!!!
Thanks Steve!!! :D
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

I guess that's one way to get a remodel! :shock: Looks great!
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Thanks Paul, We have managed to rack up a pretty good penny at the last minute. I don't regret it one bit. I think she's still one "hellova" lady!!! :D
Sonnie Gray
Club Officer
Club Officer
FMCA #: F215907
Bus Model: 72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat, 70 0/5, 85 Model 10

Post by Sonnie Gray »

It really will be PURDY when I get through.

Sonnie
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

I know she will Sonny :lol: ...we have faith in you!!!
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Bill, I have seen some photos Sonnie sent me and the new install is looking great. We had to work our way through the belt drive, and it should do the job nicely.

You used the HD front and bogey tire with the special rims. Were you able to get stud mounted, or did you change the hubs for a hub-mounted wheel.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.