Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Sivrtnge2'S 82 Eagle Model 10

This is a public forum. This forum will be a place to show your Project Eagle and updates on progress you have made. Please make one thread with your project and put all updates in the same thread. Sorry... Eagles only.
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F399257
Bus Model: (82) 94 EAGLE MODEL 10/45

Re: Sivrtnge2'S 82 Eagle Model 10

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Jim, thanks again for the final inspection.

The wheels are 9" "floaters" and are hub pilot. I use these wheels and tires on the steer and lift axles of my semi therefore, I can keep them rotated to the coach with ease. I plan to change the hubs on the drive as well. I just wanted to make sure we didn't have to change anything else with it while doing the engine swap.

If anyone know the direct hub replacement from stud pilot to hub pilot for the drive, please let me know...it will save me from killing more brain cells!!!
--
BILL
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

After attending my first and only Eagle’s Bus Rally out in Quartzsite, I really got the bug. :D I saw several spectacular Eagles as well as S.O.Bs, all with unique concepts. The power plants really caught my attention. “CATS AND CUMMINS, AND DETROIT 60S, OH MY!!!” Everything looked so neat and clean. I was like a kid in a candy store, so I was told. :lol:

CUMMINS BIG CAM 400 (I THINK)

DETROIT SERIES 60

C.A.T. B MODEL

CUMMINS (MODEL UNKNOWN)

After several and (I do mean several) months of begging and pleading moma to let me update the engine, she finally gave in. I looked for several engines and trannys but was unable to find exactly what I was looking for. Then I received a phone call about a complete truck with a Cummins ISX engine and ZF Freedomline 12 speed automatic. After striking a deal and paying it off, moma and I headed to “THE BEST LITTLE BUS SHOP IN TEXAS!!!”

THANKSGIVING DAY HEADED FOR POTTSBORO, TX
MOMA IS DRIVING THE TRUCK AS I FOLLOW WITH THE COACH

ARRIVE IN POTTSBORO ON BLACK FRIDAY (11/26/2010)

"EAGLE'S NEST"
MOMA AND THE EAGLE GENIUS!!! (SONNIE GRAY)
Last edited by SIVRTNGE2 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Sonnie and I have been talking off and on since I met him out in Quartzsite. After getting everything ironed out, I decided on him doing the job. Out with the old and in with the new…WRONG!!! :o

LAST TIME LOOKING AT THE 6V92TA

READY FOR INSTALL...NOT!!!

…well, what started out as a “simple” engine swap (in my eyes) ended up being an engine compartment rebuild as well as Bigfoot levelers reconstruction. :x As it turns out, the entire engine compartment structure had been rigged from the original conversion. Sonnie has had the pleasure of rebuilding the entire engine compartment and correct the problem with the Bigfoot leveler installation.

FRAME SPLICED TOGETHER WITH SPLINTS

...MORE SPLINTS

NICE WORK SONNIE!!!

...AND THE LEVELERS ARE WORKING PROPERLY TOO!!! :D
Last edited by SIVRTNGE2 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Looks great Bill! You picked the right guy to do the job for sure, his work is one of a kind. I'll bet you are anxious to show 'er off huh! 8-) Looking forward to meeting you one day and swapping a few lies! :shock:
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Post by rusty »

Bill, I wish you wouldn't have posted a picture of my Cummins 400. For some reason it does not look that good now. I guess it is because it now has 95000 miles on it. And the old Hotsy does remove a little paint each time I wash it. Now I won't be able to sleep thinking I have to take the engine out and clean it up. Nice work on the new install but we all knew it would be first class with that Texas ( old yellow motor) dude doing the work.

Wayne
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Hey Paul,
We have been anxious to get ‘er back for some time now. We know she’s in good hands and have added several more tasks for Sonny to complete for us.;) We look forward to making some rallies once she’s up to par. Moma laughed something fierce when she read the “swapping a few lies” part.:lol: We look forward to meeting you soon!!!

Hey Wayne,
You know you have an image to maintain.:lol: You’re just going to have to pull out the Krylon every time you pull out the hotsy!!! ;) It sounds like you’re racking up the miles though. As for that “Texas old yellow motor dude,” I think he’s a one of a kind. We really need to keep him around. I guess when it’s all said and done, we’ll be known as 'Ole Yellar' and 'Big Red'!!! :lol:

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. We didn’t build our coach from start however, we’re rebuilding 'er all over again!!!
--
BILL
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

After a great deal of work and modifications, the Eagle Genius :ugeek: has managed to make the engine compartment look like a masterpiece. The engine has new rods and mains, a new a/c compressor was added for much needed driver air, and we decided to go ahead and install a new clutch kit. A complete rebuild was going to cost more than $24,000.00. I would have gone that route but there was not going to be any warranty. I figure if the engine fails, we can have it repaired or replaced for less money. Besides, she won’t be ran as hard as the truck. 8-)
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SIVRTNGE2 »

Sonnie has sent me pictures of the accessory drives and the engine now that it is ready for final installation. I couldn’t believe how great everything looks. He has also managed to make everything accessible.

MAN...WHAT A MESS :o

ONE OF MANY FITMENTS!!!

NOW I'M GETTING EXCITED!!! :)

WOWEE!!! :shock:

LOOKING REAL GOOD!!! :D

THANKS SONNIE!!!
Last edited by SIVRTNGE2 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demodriver
Bus Model: 1984 eagle

Post by demodriver »

Very nice and clean job.

Eric
1984 model 10 6V92 TA
SIVRTNGE2
Club Member
Club Member